Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Free Trial what happens when it's over?

Solved!

Free Trial what happens when it's over?

Hello Spotify,
People may have asked you the same question, but I need a full understandment. I've just downloaded the Spotify app on my iPod and I got the 48 hour free trial plan. Now, what would exactly happen once the free trial is over? Will I still be able to listen to Spotify on my iPod or will the app automatically shut down? Will I also be charged if I don't cancel my free trial before the 48 hours? Now, I guess I should also say that I have a Spotify free account on my computer without this app.

Thanks for your moment!
152 Replies

So basically, after your 30 day trial, you have to payyyy? 😐

@xSwaggy_Biebsx wrote:
So basically, after your 30 day trial, you have to payyyy? 😐

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Yes, if you are on the 30 day free trial, you will be automatically charged once that trial ends. You are however free to cancel your subscription/trial at any time from your online account, once you do that your account will remain on premium for any time you have already paid for and then revert to Spotify free.

So if you are on the 30 day free trial, and you don't wish to continue using premium after the 30 days is up, it makes sense to cancel your subscription now since your account will still remain on premium for the full 30 days. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Do you still get to listen to the music you have put on your playlist?

@coolzelda wrote:
Do you still get to listen to the music you have put on your playlist?

On the desktop application yes, but any offline content you have will be removed. 

Peter

Peter

Hi Spotify, i need an answer.
I was just wondering, when my 48 hour trial ends, can i still my playlists online and offline? will i be able to still use Spotify?

@user-removed wrote:
Hi Spotify, i need an answer.
I was just wondering, when my 48 hour trial ends, can i still my playlists online and offline? will i be able to still use Spotify?

On mobile, no.

On Windows and Mac computers, yes but online only.

Dang, that's a great many songs leaving me.

Thanks for the answer though!

@user-removed wrote:
Dang, that's a great many songs leaving me.

Thanks for the answer though!

Hi,

Not sure what you meant by 'great many songs leaving me'.

If you mean you cant sync them offline, sorry as there isn't a need for this post at that point!

But just to clarify, offline means 'synced'. You can still have offline files (.mp3s on your computer) on Spotify, but you can't sync therefore you can't play them without a network connection.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Thanks again, now i know what that means. To give a better understanding of of what i meant by 'a great many songs leaving me', i meant that i might never be able to find or hear the songs i have on my playlist unless i pay for a full subscription( which i cannot afford.)
Thank you for all your help.

So after the 48hr trial expires, will I still be able to listen to all the playlists that I've made on my phone? Will I not be able to listen to my itunes library through Spotify on my phone or computer? What exactly is available for the free subscription? Is that only available for computers and not iphones?

@vnatural wrote:

So after the 48hr trial expires, will I still be able to listen to all the playlists that I've made on my phone? Will I not be able to listen to my itunes library through Spotify on my phone or computer? What exactly is available for the free subscription? Is that only available for computers and not iphones?

You won't be able to listen to tracks from the Spotify catalogue on your phone but you're free to sync your own tracks from iTunes via Spotify and listen to those. Spotify would basically work as a regular music player.

With free, you'll get:

-- Ad-supported access to 20m tracks from your computer/netbook

-- Full support for local files, computer and mobile

-- Radio access on mobile (US only)

Hope that helps a little.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

My trial has ended, I'm sad to say that I was actually charged, I didn't want it to. It has just happened... Could I get a refund, and be reset to Spotify Free please? Thanks in progress for answering.

@Illusionary wrote:

My trial has ended, I'm sad to say that I was actually charged, I didn't want it to. It has just happened... Could I get a refund, and be reset to Spotify Free please? Thanks in progress for answering.

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to look into getting that sorted out for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Ok, sooo...basically if I want to continue to listen to the music I put stars by then I'll need to pay 9.99 a month? And if I decide to pay for several months then decide to unsubscribe then I will lose all my playlist? Am I understanding correctly? And do I need a wireless or 3G connection to listen to my lists? If I do have to pay 9.99 then can you please explain to me the benefits of spotify over pandora, which is always free

@Jillabeth wrote:
Ok, sooo...basically if I want to continue to listen to the music I put stars by then I'll need to pay 9.99 a month? And if I decide to pay for several months then decide to unsubscribe then I will lose all my playlist? Am I understanding correctly? And do I need a wireless or 3G connection to listen to my lists? If I do have to pay 9.99 then can you please explain to me the benefits of spotify over pandora, which is always free

you can sync a playlist with up to 3,333 tracks that you set to sync offline for listening anywhere without a data connection of any kind.

Hi Guys,

I' ve tried for 30 days... Now I'm back to the old version (free) but I havea limit for listening??? Before the trial it was unlimited with publicity is it possible to go back to this?

Could you guys help me?

Thanks Tiago

@tiagocascata wrote:

Hi Guys,

I' ve tried for 30 days... Now I'm back to the old version (free) but I havea limit for listening??? Before the trial it was unlimited with publicity is it possible to go back to this?

Could you guys help me?

Thanks Tiago

Spotify free accounts which have been registered for 6 months or more (outside the US and asia) are subject to extra restrictions:
- Maximum streaming time of 10 hours per month (allocated as a maximum of 2.5 hours per week, meaning you never need to wait more than 7 days to listen again!).

You can read more about free account restrictions in your country here. You can see how much time you have remaining when you have less than 60 minutes of playtime left in the top right of the desktop client.
These restrictions only apply to free subscribers, so an upgrade to Spotify unlimited or premium will remove these.

Peter

Peter

Re register with new user name for another 30 days

What will happen if I don't pay the money?
Marked as solution

@Maya-US - Your account will revert to Spotify free and you will loose access to any premium/unlimited features but you are free to continue to listen to your playlists on the free service. 

Peter

Suggested posts