Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't reorder songs in a playlist on iPone

Solved!

Can't reorder songs in a playlist on iPone

Upgraded to spotify 0.5.9.10, and I am paying for premium.

I can no longer change the order of songs in a playlist?? Why not? I used to be able to do this by touching the edit function then touching and holding to the right of the track and dragging up or down.

Is there another way to do it in the new version? Why on earth would you change this??

Also is there any way to change the order of playlists on the main home playlist screen? Mine seam to only be able to be ordered based on when they are created, this is somewhat limiting.

I only use mobile, on an iPhone 4s. No desktop.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.
88 Replies

As far as I am aware, the latest update for iOS and android was simply adding language support for Italian and Polish since Spotify has just been released in those regions. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

So for the last two and a half months the Spotify team has been what? translating the application word by word using google translator into Italian and Polish?.... wow. 

It appears this thread is being ignored, because someone conveniently marked it as 'solved'.  

Has this still not been addressed in the iPhone app? I'm still unable to rearrange music in the playlists from the app. Frustrating!

new app update and this still is missing!!!????!!!

Absolute disgrace. Time to escalate to a commercial director at Spotify. It is clear the dev team have no interest and are unaware of how they are affecting the commercial viability of this app.

Basic but critical feature is missing. = useless app.

How do we bypass the techie firewall and speak with the guys who count dollars?

While I agree that this completely absurd, there is a solution. Install the Spotify IOS 4 app and you will once again have the ability to reorganize your tracks. Granted, this is a temporary solution, but it does help to alieviate some of the anguish.

When will this be fixed? It's been months now and seems like a pointless downgrade to an otherwise competitionless app. Is it possible to suspend my paid account while you get your ducks In a row and repair the service I initially agreed to pay for?

I am in a trial of the service trying to decide wether to buy. It is one of the first features I was investigating and was disappointed to see it missing. I'm checking out the competition next. It's a vital feature of a playlist in my opinion. And from the perspective of a prospective customer I am concerned to invest my money in a company where the remove features for future releases. And then to see it has not been fixed for months! I would rather invest in another company that doesn't do such practices. Or perhaps continue to invest in building my own music library

Tranks, Not very Nice but at least a interim solution until this is fixed by the spotify guys..

@dev team: this can't be what you want, we're going back using the old stuff because you pulling out good features??

Can someone please tell me why this is marked as solved?

Oh right, I'm on the 30 day trial, and wanted to rearrange tracks, so had to look on google to see why i couldn't (not a good start), to me the fact that they had to pull a pretty essential feature to rush out an upgrade is forgivable (as a one off). But the fact that its been missing months and there's very hope of it being fixed by the look of it (or at least no further communication on it) means I won't be subscribing. If I'm paying £10 a month I want to be able to choose the order I listen to stuff without using the need for workarounds (which won't suit a lit of people). Bh the sounds of it they've turned an iPod touch into an iPod shuffle and called it an improvement.

I've got one more payment worth of patience, then I'm out. Ridiculous.

This issue is not solved -- it's just explained!

Thanks for clearing this up, @MattSuda!

But honestly, it has been well over six months – isn't it high time this got solved now??

Cancelling now.  Clearly spotify have no interest in hearing from users.

Two sub's / £244 per annum isn't much to lose from one customer.  If you want this feature, vote with your feet.

Really disappointing.

TH.

Yeah. I hate to go back to ads, but I'm out too. It's unfortunate.

I just went looking for this missing feature because I never upgraded until very recently. I am sooo bummed that I did, because without the ability to reorder playlists the premium service is useless to me. The desktop version of spotify caused my laptop SERIOUS issues with crashing applications and browser. I had to uninstall and now I cannot rearrange track order at all. Grrr. If this problem is not resolved within one more billing cycle I am canceling. Such a bummer. I loved the pre-update version of this app 😞

So those of you following this thread know that this feature (which we paid for when we signed up) has been gone for months and we've literally been ignored until a couple weeks ago with a note promising a fix on the update (which didn't happen).

The dreadful new "Discover" tab was the last straw for me. So I just finally canceled my subscription with this note. Thought I'd share...

You have become a shadow of the original product I subscribed to. My (and hundreds of other's) requests for info regarding the reorder playlist feature on mobile have gone unanswered LITERALLY for months. Mind you, this is not a complex functionality and it offered none of your customers any grief. Why would you jettison something that ITunes has? It's senseless.

Now you have taken away the new release section and replaced it with a discover function that offers advice like "love Pet Shop Boys? Try R.E.M." (see below).

Your entire platform is a wreck and I am leaving you after having heard ZERO response via your "help forum" regarding my concerns. I don't know if I can think of a service that's deteriorated in quality as much as Spotify. You were an amazing experience once, and I hope you can return to that state one day. The saddest part is that your upgrades are literally making NO ONE happy. I mean, do you all even read your forums, blogs, etc? Have you Googled yourself lately? You're like a dear old friend I can't seem to get off the bottle. The saddest part is that I'll miss you even in this pathetic state, with all your bad customer service and poorly programmed algorithms. But there comes a time for tough love. It was great while it lasted. Come back to the five and dime Spotify...

Exhibit A is below. How is this insanity preferable to ANY user than a list of New Releases?

Screen shot 2013-06-27 at 11.21.25 AM.png

Marked as solution

Yep. Moving back to iTunes - Rdio or other may fill the void In time. Spotify contract terminated. Users need basic functionality and a respectable level of customer service from Spotify. Both are missing I'm afraid.

Clearly Spotify considers us just numbers now, not customers. They simply don't listen. Too big to fail attitude....

Real pity. Dev team clearly suck. Management team appear to be AWOL. Maybe they are in trouble?

Suggested posts