Free/Premium

Country

United States

Device

(iPad 9th Generation)

Operating System

(IPadOS 17.4.1)

My Question or Issue

My Spotify app recently started having bugging effects on the audio where it makes static and glitching sounds before freezing and being unable to play music. I tried reconnecting and redoing my headset connection however it doesn’t work even without the headsets once it happens. I had to reset the app by closing its window and reopening it. Once it happened a second time I started getting suspicious and looked at my updates. It was up to date and interestingly was updated automatically 3 days ago. One little detail I noticed is when both instances happened, the song I was listening to was paused for a while until the device went to sleep and the background app window was left open before I came back to unpause it. Once I unpaused it, it played for a while before the glitching and freezing occurred. So far thats all I know. The problem hasn’t happened on any other instances but it happened frequently enough that I’m bothered by it. Thank you.

1 Reply

Hi there @AsherT30,

Welcome to the Community!

Have you performed any troubleshooting steps so far such as clearing the cache and a clean reinstall? These can help resolve different performance issues and are worth giving a try. You can check out the details here.

Do you have your iPad in low power mode by any chance when this happens and do you see any error messages?

Additionally I recommend toggling on Background App Refresh (Settings > General) next to Spotify if it's toggled off at the moment.

Let us know if you notice the issue happening on another occasion so we can investigate further.

Thanks and we'll be on the lookout 🙂

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts