Something went wrong

Plan

Family premium

Device

(iPhone 8+

Operating System

(iOS 10

My Question or Issue

every time I try to browse my library or search for music it says something went wrong. I’ve reset my phone reinstalled Spotify tried logging out, nothing is working! 

0C3D5812-F3EE-4934-BEC9-59E9DAF44046.png
32 Replies

Same issue here and it’s been going on for a while now. Why doesn’t Spotify at least acknowledge the issue?  iOS 12 and none of the supposed fixes work. 

Same issue here.  What's going on Spotify?  

SPOTIFY, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN DOCUMENTED IN NUMEROUS THREADS. WE'RE ALL PAYING YOU GOOD MONEY FOR A PRODUCT THAT DOESN'T WORK. ACKNOWLEDGE THE PROBLEM AND FIX IT!!!!

Issue just started yesterday and I have done every troubleshooting option. Nothing is working. 

Just checked my Spotify again and now it’s miraculously fixed. I didn’t close the app or anything. They must’ve done something on their end to resolve it

Correct – Working now for me – Amazing…

This time with the loading dots which didn’t appear before…Before, You would see the home screen flash, then Something Went Wrong Message right after..

They must have fixed this or noticed that I am moving to Apple Music LOL.

Not working. 

Login failed.

please try again later.

over and over. 

Ok, somehow, in the settings, in spotify, cellular data was turned off!

not sure how that happened. 

but I turned it back on and that solved the issue for me.

2020 still same problem something went wrong return Money asap or fix right now 6 Days in a row

Screenshot_20200819-141329.jpg

I have the same problem after yesterday Spotify app update.

I  uninstalled and reinstalled the app (iPhone X) but still getting the same message and no way to use the Spotify app.

Please advise.

same here, I've restarted my devices, logged in and out  multiple times, I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Still not working! 😞

Same for me for a while now….”something went wrong” on both iPhone and iPad. Deleted app and re downloaded, now it won’t let me log in. I can log in on the web, verify my account, see my payment details, but the exact same credentials fail with iOS. Why pay for something you can’t use.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts here in the Community. We just came across this thread.

Can you confirm if you performed a reinstall with these steps? This is different from a quick reinstall and could be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

It would also be great if you can try with another internet connection to see if the issue persists?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks for the quick reply

Short version, only when fully deleting and reinstalling over cellular did it finally work. Can’t explain it but there you go.

I did all the steps above with the iPhone SE2; full offload, delete, restart, reinstall. Same red text in the login fields, same “something went wrong”. If I try “login without password”, it also acts like I don’t exist or have an account. OS is updated.

But I can still login to the web app and play Spotify from the iPhone. My kids can use their phones to play on their accounts within the family account in the house, so it doesn’t seem to be the WiFi…

As I had not yet deleted from my iPad, I could see all my playlists (all online) were there as if I was logged in, but hitting play never started any music, which is what was happening on the iPhone. Tried same full cycle with iPad, and after deleting and reinstalling, could not even log in.

But…Repeating this over cellular on the iPhone, could successfully get logged into the app. Then a red bar appeared across the top asking to confirm my email, and after replying the that email, I could log into the app on the iPhone, play, and when switching back to WiFi, it still worked.

Glad it works but will always wonder why going to cellular connection changed it or how I would clear the error without having a cellular device. Perhaps I missed some other 2-factorish-like request at some point in the past? I use an eero WiFi system with no filters, Adblocking or other nonstandard configurations, and everyone else’s Spotify in the house worked, not clear why logging in over WiFi vs cellular would matter, but the answer seemed to be changing networks.

Cheers

Hey @FixingThings,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We're happy to hear that the issue got resolved for you. It's possible that there certain restriction or settings were changed for your home WiFi. We recommend resetting the router just in case 🙂

Now that you've also verified your account email, this should help avoid similar issues when logging in or reinstalling the app.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same problem - on the website I can log in, on the iPhone - no. And any from above solutions worked. 

iphone SE, iOS 14.5.1

What else can I do?

Hi there @Gosia4,

Thank you for your post in this thread. 

Just to confirm, did you try with a different internet connection?

We also suggest that you perform a soft reset on the device.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you log in with a different account on the device - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists?

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I tried wi-fi and cellural network, I tried all kinds of resets, I uninstalled the app the way you described, and I tried to log in on diffrent account from our Family Plan - nothing works....
Just so you know - it started as a problem with internet - suddenly only offline music could be listened, search didn't work. So uninstalled the app and install it again and after that I can't log in any more.

Hi @Gosia4,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you try Logging out Everywhere

After that run another clean reinstall of the app on your phone, as per this article. Go into your phone's app settings and make sure that Spotify is granted all Permissions.

If after that you still can't log in on the phone, upload some screenshots of any error messages you're receiving. You can add them as an attachment or links to an external website.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts