Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

iPhone 12 mini

Operating System

iOS 16 Release Candidate

My Question or Issue

The volume buttons on the iPhone and iPad can be used to change the volume of the device that’s being used through Spotify Connect. On previous versions of iOS there was a real fine grained control for this, but on iOS 16 the steps are the same as the normal volume control of iOS.

Please bring back the fine grained control.

Top Answer
Yordan

Thanks for confirming folks!

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

The Community is always here if something else comes up.

Have a good one!

64 Replies

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Operating System

iOS 16 Public Beta 4

My Issue

While casting to my Chromecast (build in-to my Sony XH9505), the music constantly changes by itself. Up and down it goes!

When I close the app by swiping, the volume will stay put at the level it was when I swiped.

I screen-recorded it, see it for yourself in YouTube!

Spotify agents sent me here since some technical community people might know a way to fix it. I’ve tried all possible troubleshooting steps with them.

Hey @skroon19,

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried?
It would help us narrow down where the root cause of the issue lies.
Many thanks!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello Vasil!

Thanks you for your comment.

I have tried reinstalling the app, login in to different accounts, editing settings in-app and I tried to contact Google about their home app, but I did not get a fix.

I did not try to use any other iPhones since I’m not able to. The issue proceeds, even after contacting Spotify by chat as I mentioned earlier.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Hey @ProxxiM,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

As iOS 16 is quite new, there could be some polishing left to do. But we can relay your feedback to the relevant team, no worries. We'd need a screen recording of your experience to be able to do so. Could you provide one? Also name the Spotify version you're using.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hi Dian,

As I understand, Apple releases several beta's of new iOS versions, so Spotify could maybe tackle things like these on beforehand? But there's probably people working on this already, right?

Here's a screen capture of what happens when I press the volume buttons on my iPhone. I hope it works, my iPhone only exports screen captures as a mov file but these aren't accepted by Spotify Community, I tried to convert it to mp4.

The Spotify version is 8.7.64.518.

Hello!

Do you have any suggestions or should I try to contact Spotify’s help agents again?

I have the same problem.

What is more - when I connect to my soundbar, the sound volume is locked to the multiplications of 5 (iOS style) and even if I use direct controls on the soundbar to go up/down by 1, the connected iOS keeps rounding it to the multiplications of 5.

It’s quite annoying since the ideal volume is 7-8 😛

I have exactly the same as Barsum (iOS 16.0)

when I close the Spotify app on my iPhone, and then change volume in the Smarthings app from Samsung, I can change the volume by 1 step at the time. So it seems an issue with Spotify Connect / iOS 16.0?

I have the same issue as barsum and Bugsy33 too, moreso, I almost destroyed me and my gf's ear drums by opening the Spotify app while accidentally holding the Volume Up button on my phone, which turned the volume up extremely fast up to 100 on a soundbar on which the ideal volume is 8...

I can confirm the issue occurs since I upgraded to iOS 16.0 on my iPhone 11

I am not a Spotify employee, just a technical guy taking a guess, but it looks a lot like this issue ! iOS 16.0 seems to dislike Spotify's volume controls and always tries to put it on a fixed scale

From your screen recording, it looks like iOS/Spotify tries to tell the TV to adapt its volume, but the TV always goes a tiny bit too high or too low to match perfectly what the app told it to do, resulting in a beautiful dance from your volume slider.

If that's the case, we can only wait for the Spotify team to release an update fixing the volume sync behavior under iOS 16.0 (or you can revert back to iOS 15 if you still have a backup of your phone laying around)

Hey everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to share this information.

Can you please also provide your Spotify versions so we can pass this on to our tech team?

Looking forward to your replies.

Take care,

ElenaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Elena,

In my case it’s the latest iOS version of Spotify - 8.7.66.

And this is my device system version: iOS 16.0 (20A362)

Hope it helps resolve the issue, it is super annoying.

Hi Elena,

My Spotify version (on iOS) is: 8.7.66.438

iOS version is: 16.0

Hi Elena

My Spotify version: 8.7.66.438

iOS version: 16.0

My device: iPhone 11

In case it matters, it happens when using Spotify Connect with my Samsung Soundbar Q800T

Yep.

We have to wait till an update.

Thanks for the comment 👍

Same here. Not only this, but if I try to fine tune the volume with the physical volume knob on the amp, the Spotify app changes back the volume after 1 second or so. Shouldn't have rushed to upgrade to iOS 16 I guess. 🙂

iPhone 14 mini on iOS version 16.0
Spotify version 8.7.66.438
Device is Lyngdorf TDAI-1120, SW version 2.0.0

Also have this problem, also shouldn't have upgraded to the new iOS yet, annoying!

Same problem, Spotify connect jumps from 5-10-15... when using iPhone device buttons, volume slider and even the physical Samsung Soundbar IR remote (it jumps back to a multiple of 5).

I have the issue the volume is being lowered when using spotify connect both using my TV and or Yamaha receiver. Iphones with previous versions of IOS and latest Spotify do not have the issue.

Suggested posts