Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Gift Cards?

Solved!

Spotify Gift Cards?

How in the heck do I buy someone a Spotify sub for a gift?  I have never tried so hard to give someone my money!  It says I cannot get one since I am in the US? 

55 Replies

I have a spotify gift card and I want to get spotify premium, how do i pay for the spotify premium with my gift card and not with a credit card?

@Peter wrote:

@timber99 wrote:

Is it possible to buy a Spotify gift card from the UK, with a British credit card, for someone in the US who will use it there?

Thanks

Tim

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Yes that should be fine, gift cards and premium codes are redeemable in any country where Spotify is available as far as I am aware. 

Peter

Can anybody confirm this statement?

I would also like a confirmation that a gift card bought in the US (Target) can be redeemed for a subscription in a different market where gift cards might not be on sale yet (like Mexico).

Thanks,

Claudia

@claudiaguerrero wrote:

I would also like a confirmation that a gift card bought in the US (Target) can be redeemed for a subscription in a different market where gift cards might not be on sale yet (like Mexico).

Thanks,

Claudia

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Yes, Premium codes should be redeemable in any country where Spotify is available even if gift cards are not. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

They were available, then they weren't. Then they were, and now they aren't.   😞  

July 2011: I gifted a friend with a three-month premium e-card.Successful

Sometime between October and December 2011: (when the 3 month gift ran out), I tried to repeat. Nope: 'Spotify Gift Cards are currently not available in your country.' Failed

March 25, 2013: Got two premium gift cards, for co-workers. Successful

April 19, 2013: Tried to get gift card for son. Failed  'Spotify Gift Cards are currently not available in your country.'

Why are they not available, at any time... is it a banking/government issue?

And why are they offered/available, then....POOF, they disappear?

aendenne - Unfortunately, these e-cards aren't available outside of Europe at the moment. Fingers crossed, they'll be back soon.

If you'd like to buy a physical gift card, these are still available. Check out our page here: https://www.spotify.com/gift-card/
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I'd still like to know why the e-cards aren't available in the US all the time. Why do they even go away at all?

This is no longer true.

My friend gifted me Spotify premium twice before from Poland, he sent me another e-card this month but when I tried to activate it I got this error:

"Country mismatch, Spotify Premium codes can only be redeemed by recipients in the same country as the country you bought the e-card in."

Very annoying.

Hey there and thanks for your comment 🙂

Yes, this is true. For now local Gift cards can be redeemed only in country from where they are purchased.

If you trust your firend, ask he/she to login to your account and ask to renew your code from Gift card.

It's worth to change password after that, however.

Greetings,
Jyri

He already tried that, he get's the same error message in English even though the rest of the page is in Polish. He even tried to change my account location to Poland and it get's an "Oops an error has occured" message.

That's odd!

I would suggest to ask help from form.

http://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/

Engineers will then look to your account more closely.

If you get an automated reply pointing to look answer form Community or Help pages, just reply back, and someone will contact you in 24 hours.

I would like to know the same thing ... when I go to https://www.spotify.com/us/gift-card/ and click "buy online," I get a message stating that e-cards aren't available in the US.  I would like to give you some more money, Spotify---please let me! 🙂

HI squirrellygirl -As Sam mentions above, these e-cards aren't available in the US at the moment.  

If you'd like to buy a physical gift card, these are still available at Target. You can grab those in $10, $30 or $60 amounts.  

Foreign gift card codes aren't accepted anymore in the US... 😞

@RAW wrote:

Foreign gift card codes aren't accepted anymore in the US... 😞

Unfortunately, Spotify gift codes are currently only redeemable in the country in which they are purchased. Guessing they introduced these restrictions to prevent people buying cheaper premium abroad!

Peter

Peter

About 6 months ago, I purchased a 6-month premium subscription for my partner. It's now coming up for renewal yet I find no way to do this online. I don't get it. Why would you take away an online option for purchase someone a gift subscription for an online service?

Gift cards? i shouldn't have to go to a retailer to buy a paper card with a code on it? Isn't there any way I can pay for his subscription myself and ONLINE?

@johnvasko wrote:

About 6 months ago, I purchased a 6-month premium subscription for my partner. It's now coming up for renewal yet I find no way to do this online. I don't get it. Why would you take away an online option for purchase someone a gift subscription for an online service?

Gift cards? i shouldn't have to go to a retailer to buy a paper card with a code on it? Isn't there any way I can pay for his subscription myself and ONLINE?

What country are you in? 

Peter

Peter

Some people (youngsters) don't have VISA cards or PayPal accounts...it's a problem, and they are not inept...you don't need to be a jerk about it...

I agree, this is beyond stupid.  I want to give my brother a 1 year subscription to Spotify and apparentlycannot prepay you for a year in his name in the USA - gift cards not sold here.  I even tried setting up a new account in his name but the new account setup requires me to download spotify and sign in as a new user. I was just going to have the monthly charges of $9.99 go to my credit card instead of his.  I can't even do that.  I am afraid the sign up process will mess up the cashe on my local machine.  

Please tell me how I can buy my brother a one year fully paid premium gift subscription online.

How can such a good product have such a poor customer fullfillment process?  Who is telling management we don't need a better system?  Perhaps you need a new technology consultant. 

Gift cards are available for a reason I am sure (in fact I can probably guess what it is), since in most other countries they are available. 

Unfortunately, I can't think of a way to do what you ask if you live in the US. 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts