Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

100s of songs added to my songs without my knowledge 9 days ago

Solved!

100s of songs added to my songs without my knowledge 9 days ago

Hello

I have just been listening to the songs I had saved and appeared under the 'songs' section not playlist, to discover that 9 days ago (according to the spotify listing), what seems like 100s of songs had been saved there but not by me.  These were all bands that I had never heard of.  They seemed to have one thing in common, all the added songs seemed to come from explicit albums and had albums and song titles that could generally be deemed offensive.

I have no idea how these songs were added, I only listen to spotify at home. I'm not logged in through a social media account.  I've just gone through and manually deleted them from my songs which was a tedious but straightforward task, but would like to know how this happened in the first place and to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Thanks for any info

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jkgrey! Welcome to the community!

It sounds like someone is using your Spotify account. You can contact someone from Spotify using this form. They can take a look backstage to make sure everything's safe and sound. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a nice day! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @jkgrey! Welcome to the community!

It sounds like someone is using your Spotify account. You can contact someone from Spotify using this form. They can take a look backstage to make sure everything's safe and sound. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a nice day! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts