Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

48-hour trial when using an iPod?

48-hour trial when using an iPod?

I just created an account on Spotify, and I downloaded the PC and iPod apps. The iPod app says I am in a 48-hour trial for Spotify Premium. If I cancel my trial subscription, can I still use the mobile app?

I live in the US.

6 Replies

Hello!

If you have never used Spotify Premium before, you are given a 48-hour trial, free of charge, to try on your account. This gives you full access to all the features on Spotify on your mobile.

After these 48 hours, you will revert to the free version of Spotify. With this, you can still use the application on your computer, and you can access Spotify Radio on your iDevice.
Airhorn Enthusiast

i have a similar question...for the past few month i have been using spotify's free version and on it i have created quite a few playlist. Just recently i decided to download the app on my ipod, once i did it said my 48 hour trail has begun.My question is once my 48 hour trial is over will my old playlist that i made on my free account still be there once my accout reverts back to free?? also if i put a playlist on listen offline mode, and my 48 hour trial is over and those songsdissapear off my device, will they still be accesible via laptop??

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Your playlists will be saved don't worry. You will however loose offline access of the playlists. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

So in no way will I be charged after the trial? If I downloaded offline playlists, they will disappear and I'll be able to listen to my online playlists from my iPod?

You must have a premium account to use the mobile apps except in the USA where the radio is available. You will not be able to listen to your playlists without a premium account.

If you never entered your credit card number, you will not get charged in any way because Spotify doesn't know how to get money from you. If you got a 30 days trial, you have entered your credit card info and you will be charged if you don't cancel. If you got a 2 days trial from logging in a mobile app, you will not get charged.

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess I'm gonna delete the app then because it's pretty much useless unless you buy premium and I already have Pandora. I thought that I could listen to my playlists for free but I guess not.

Suggested posts