Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accidentally wrote wrong account data

Accidentally wrote wrong account data

Hi guys,

I just wanted to add an additional family member to my Spotify account. After a click on "Premium Family" on the left panel of my Spotify account settings the system asked about personal information like name, adress and so on. I filled in the data of the new member - but I think it should have been my own.

Now I can't find any possibility to change these data?

6 Replies

Hey @brasstear1!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Right now, the user that joined the Premium for Family plan can't update this information.

In this case, we suggest removing the account by managing the plan here. Once the account is back to Free, you can invite it again and enter the correct address.

Let us know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Thanks for your reply, Alfredo.

I think I did not make my point clear: It's not about the new family members data, it's about my (the family plan owner) data.
My account now exists for years and the website never asked for personal data (full name, adress) as I remember. Now I filled accidentally my sister's name (as I thought the website is asking for data for the new family plan member).

How can I change this data? I assume, as Spotify thinks, my sister is now the plan owner, I can't add a new family member with the same name?

Alright!

After you subscribe to the Premium for Family plan and send the first invitation to a family member, a page will pop up for you to enter the full address. The same page pops up when family members are joining the plan.

Sadly, these details can't be updated at the moment, but if you contact our Support team, they'll gladly give you a hand with this.

You can reach out to them via Twitter or Facebook. They'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Cheers.

Thanks again Alfredo!

As you will certainly understand I am possibly not willed to share my personal data on a social network. Is there no email adress or a contact form to contact Spotify's supporters?

Sure thing!

I definitely understand where you're coming from. In this case, you can also contact the right team via email here. They'll get back to you as soon as possible.

All the best.

Thank you very much.

Did so and will reply here soon. 

Suggested posts