Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account // Location Problem

Account // Location Problem

Hello,

I'm trying to use Spotify from German, as I used some month before already but the problem is, that Spotify tells me now that the country I entered in my profile does not match the country I'm currently in. That's obviously wrong since I'm using it at home.

My provider is "Kabel Deutschland", I hope someone can help me.

5 Replies

I still cannot access spotify. :x 

Please help me, I want to listen to music :<

Yes, I have had the same problem; I'm in the UK and have never been anywhere else. I don't know how or why, but when I originally downloaded Spotify to my laptop, it was Spotify SWEDEN that I was automatically 'given'. It didn't occur to me to check the country details lower down the page, I just assumed it would be UK; I only realised the problem when I, like you, got locked out, with the ridiculous assertion that I was in another country, and the demand for money if I wanted to continue. Now I find further confusion! On my profile under this identity, I have been listed as in the USA (why??), and again, I'm apparently not allowed to change that unless I 'upgrade' by paying.

Anyway, I have recently been listening to Spotify, and scrobbling on last.fm, by doing as follows. I uninstalled Spotify from my computer and downloaded it again, making sure that this time I got it from the UK site, not a country of Spotify's random choosing. Then I registered under a different (Facebook) identity. The only problem I now have, is that I can't 'share' my listens on Spotify with my friends on Facebook, all of whom know me as Giselle - in Manchester, England!

I'm afraid it's all a scam. The charge isn't very much, and most people will probably think it's less trouble to just pay it, than to try to sort it out - or lose Spotify altogether. But I won't pay - on principle!  Grrrr!!!!    

Giselle - That appears to be a different territory version of the website you've come across there. Generally, it works with your IP address, but it appears not to have happened in this case. But you can just change it at the bottom of the website. However, the application you download is the same for each country.

In regards to changing the country, there may be a misunderstanding here. In order to change the country, there needs to be some payment details and a postal code on your account. However, you don't actually need to make a payment in order to do this.

One of our advisors may also be able to assist in a country change too. To get in touch, just scroll up, click on "About Us" and then select "contact form".
Airhorn Enthusiast

Thanks 'David' for the timely reply - and pardon my paranoia, lol, I always assume a request for payment details will be followed, if not sooner then later, with an extraction - eg. the 'inertia principle' which operates whenever something is offered 'free for a month' or whatever. I'll consider my options, as they say, lol. Cheers!

My profile says:

Land: Deutschland
What actually means Country: Germany, which should be correct.

Suggested posts