Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account country is wrong

Account country is wrong

The country listed in my account is wrong and I need to change it (says I've been abroad too long), and yet it does not give me an option to change - the only country list is USA.  Can anything be done about this?

Thank you!

7 Replies

Hey @tyrnagog and welcome in the community!

Could you let me know if you have a Premium subscription? You can check your subscription status here

Also, if you log in via Facebook you can try to change your current country through there.

Happy Holidays!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

It's a free account. I tried on my phone to log in via Facebook, but I got a 404 error.

And thanks for the welcome!

Hmm.. Have you tried doing this after deleting cookies/cache in your browser or trying with another one?

K

I have, yes - clearing browser cache/cookies doesn't do anything, and I am strictly unable to login via mobile device/app.

Ok... Can you tell me, are you travelling abroad and this happened/moved to another country and after 14 days you saw this or are you in the same country and this happened out of nowhere?
K

I set up my account a few years ago in the US, and have been in Canada for a while now, but haven't used Spotify since..

Is all your equipement in the same IP address as the country you're in?

Also, you can try these guides here and here that can help. If you still have this problem, I'd advise you to use the contact form so that someone from Spotify can check this. Simply follow the right steps until you come across a bright green button "I still need help" that should take you to the form. After you've sent it, should you receive an automated email directing you back to the help pages, please make sure to reply to it even though it's a no-reply. It works:) Support usually replies back within 24-48 hours.

K

Suggested posts