Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account disabled

Solved!

Account disabled

Hello, 

Yesterday when i was going to listen to some music on my iphone with spotify, I was logged out and could not log back in. 
After investigating further, I noticed that I could log in on my account on my computer, even though it said that the password/accountname I typed in was wrong, I could still access my offline playlists. This is weird because If i just randomly typed something as a password, I could not log in, but I could with my pasword that Spotify apparently thinks is incorrect. 

Please note that this is most likely not the cause of all the turbulence surrounding spotify right now, I mean it could be, But I really don't think so, My brother can log in to his spotify just fine, But I can't. 

I've had premium for as long as I can remember, And I have money so that is not the issue, unless its something about my Bank but I don't see why that should be. 

When I try to log in to my account on this site, It just says that my account is disabled (Note that this account is just tied to my facebook and is not my real account, just something I had to do to post here...) 

When I try to reset my password via email, it doesn't work, it just says that my email is not bound to any account. 

I get the error code 410 and I do not know why. This is highly annoying and I do not wish to wait for weeks to MAYBE get a response from your support (Why don't you have a phone support?). 

My account name is: roflrofl 

Maybe some admin here can see whats wrong with my account from that information? If you would also need my email, i'm willing to post that. 

Also, In the case that you wanted to disable my account for some reason I don't know and I can't get it back in any way possible, Is it possible for me to make a new account and take the playlists from the disabled account to the new one? 

Please help me. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yet another one, I too got the same email, I know that there are more off us so now it is with out a doubt Spotify that has some auto kick problems.
I wonder how they are going to make this up to us as we are paying customers. Good luck on your side and pleas keep posting here so the rest off us will know how it goes

View solution in original post

44 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to investigate why this error is occuring on your account for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you for the welcome, and yes I know about the contact form, I've already sent a mail.

Was just wondering if you, or anybody that has access, can check if there is something wrong with my account just by looking?

I've read that some people can check immeditaly if there is something wrong or just some problems for the time being. 

Thank you for helping though.. 

The Spotify staff moderators can, unfortunately I am not one of them! Otherwise I most definitely would help you out! 

Peter

Peter

Alright, I'll just have to wait for that then I suppose, appreciate your quick replies and effort to help though, cheers. 

I'm bumping this as I would really like some help.

I'm a paying customer and would really like my spotify account back, or atleast get an explanation so i can create a new one.

Also, is it possible for me to retrieve my playlists from the "disabled" account? 

I have asked a member of the community team to look into this for you. Can you post your case number from when you got in touch with the customer services team here? It would definitely speed things up for them finding it!

Peter

Peter

Hello, thank you again for trying to help me.

my case number is: 00665791

I just recieved a mail from them saying they will contact me ASAP, hopefully I can get my account back, or atleast my playlists on a new account 🙂 

Thank you!

This is the message I recieved today from them:

Your Spotify account has been disabled because we have detected suspicious streaming activity on the account.

What the....?  I have no idea what this is and even why. They gave ABSOLUTLEY zero answer as to what suspicious activity i've been doing...

Someone please help me understand what I've apparently done? 

I'm seriously pissed off right now.  Spotify support is useless. 

Just reply to that email and someone will get back to you with more details. 

Peter

Peter

Zwip - Hi there. I'm sorry for the hassle of all this.

Your case is with the relevant team, you should hear back soon.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Okay, thank you so much!

Marked as solution

Yet another one, I too got the same email, I know that there are more off us so now it is with out a doubt Spotify that has some auto kick problems.
I wonder how they are going to make this up to us as we are paying customers. Good luck on your side and pleas keep posting here so the rest off us will know how it goes

Being naturally nosy, I'd love to know what constitutes "suspicious streaming activity" but I guess they's have to shoot me if I found out 🙂

As soon as I get a reply I will let you guys know everything.

Unless i'm not allowed to share such information. But I will tell you if I get my account back or not. 

I just got an email telling me: " This means that one or more individual tracks or artist have been streamed an unusually large number of times "
So I sent an email back asking how this is possible when I almost only use offline playlists, waiting for an response, will let you know how it goes

Yeah, I got the exact same message.

I seriously don't understand anything lol, is it not allowed to listen to a track over and over or what? 
Anyway, I sleep with spotify on, and I play one song repeatedly over the night. 

Anyway, I'm extremly dissapointed with how they disabled my account, no email about why it was suspended or anything, just that I couldn't log in one day, Oh well..

If I can just get my account back, it's fine. 

Yeah i got the same mail -  Well done spotify i've now moved to Xbox Music which is cheaper and has more artists - it would of been better for them to ask us first!!!!

Hey there,

We're writing to let you know that your Spotify account has been disabled because we have detected unusually high streaming activity on the account. 

This means that one or more individual tracks or artist have been streamed an unusually large number of times. If you believe that this has happened in error, please reply to us again explaining the nature of the error, and it will be investigated further.

Any paid subscription has been cancelled.

Having a look through the Spotify Terms, it would appear listening to the same track over and over might trigger some sort of warning due to:

(g) artificially increasing play count or otherwise manipulating the Services by using a script or other automated process; 

under section 8 but who knows!

Peter

Peter

They answered my mail yesterday by sending me the exact same email just signed by another "costumer service" guy,
I too use an album all night but its an offline playlist and I realy don't think that an hippie artist from the 60s are trying to fool you here, the album I listen to is made in 64 and again it's OFFLINE so the plays don't count.
but if the reason is, as peter states, a script fraud wouldent that mean the repeat button in the official spotify app is manipulating the script. Lol

Suggested posts