Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hacked

Solved!

Account hacked

Hi,

it has been a week since someone entered my account.

Despite I've changed my facebook email and password people keep logging in, how is that possible? Yeah I say people, since I see different devices everyday logged in, pausing my music, playing all kind of music and making playlists.

Please protect my account, I don't know what to do anymore.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there, sorry for the late reply was working

however you can change your password via pc. Follow the steps below.

Goto www.spotify.com > Login with your account > click on your username then click the tab 'Account' > Goto the change password tab > follow the passwrd changing steps.

This should solve the issue however if not dont hesitate to message me

thanks

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi there, i am sorry to hear about this

I believe the first thing you should do is try and change your spotify login and not your facebook login as if both spotify and facebook are linked then external people can login through spotify.

Secondly i believe since you know which devices are logging into the account then maybe trying to find the Internet Protocol address (IP address) of these devices and then presenting these addresses to the spotify help centre (Link here)

Hope that helps! if it did help dont hesitate to drop a like or a kudos or by setting this answer as the solution. If you need any more help don't hesitate to reply to this thread.

Thanks and good luck

Thanks for your answer, but how do I change Spotify login? 

I can't see any options in my spotify profile.

Marked as solution

Hi there, sorry for the late reply was working

however you can change your password via pc. Follow the steps below.

Goto www.spotify.com > Login with your account > click on your username then click the tab 'Account' > Goto the change password tab > follow the passwrd changing steps.

This should solve the issue however if not dont hesitate to message me

thanks

Happened to me too. I'm in the USA and the device was a European phone model. I logged out of all devices , changed password and also updated email. I received confirmation of email change in Dutch! Quiet for now, but I'd like to disconnect spotify from Facebook just in case but not sure how.
Screenshot_20170707-122652.png

hi there @Carolinelourdes

i belive if you would like to unlink facebook from spotify you must logon to a pc, Open up the spotify app then goto your profile and goto the drop down menu settings tab of the app. From there you can scroll down to social and you should see the 'DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK' option. Click the option and follow the steps to disconnect facebook. Hope that helps!.

Suggested posts