Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account keeps getting used from another place although I logged out from everywhere else

Account keeps getting used from another place although I logged out from everywhere else

Hi

When I listen to music it keeps getting stopped and get a message that my account is being used at another place. This has happened over the last few weeks in irregular intervals. As soon as it happens it seems like I have to fight an invisible person over who has the right to listen to music by hitting the play button enough.

I already looked for a solution online so I changed my password to some high security gibberish and logged out from everywhere. I did this two times from different computers... but it didn't help.

While it may look like I got hacked, I doubt it. My Spotify account is connected to my facebook account and nothing else has yet occured than that my music keeps getting halted. Yet I don't really know the of being hacked.

Thanks for your answers in advance

4 Replies

If you are running spotify on an android phone and this is happening then it may be that another app is trying to use play pause function, e.g. using google play music or youtube. If you are using your pc, check your processes for groove music, windows media player, or vlc player. 

Thanks for the answer

It only did occur on my samsung phone so far (I don't listen to music very often on my other appliances ) but i don't use any other app than spotify to listen to music and it also happens when my phone is turned on standby.

But what would be the solution if it was because of this?

This may not work:

-Uninstall or disable any music apps you don't use
-Reinstall Spotify

Or

-Factory reset your phone (not preferable and probably won't work)

after your comment I figured that I didn't try to reinstall the app. I can't say if it really worked or not because I couldn't listen to much music lately but until now it didn't happen again. Thans for your help anyway 🙂

Suggested posts