Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Account not updated after payment

Solved!

Account not updated after payment

Hi

My subs for unlimted recently ran out. Yesterday I went in to spotify clicked to renew and paid for unlimited again. I was sent a spotify receipt however my account is still showing as spotify free. Not sure what to do.

Could it be because I use a different email address for spotify and facebook? I have always had it set up like that though.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Richm wrote:

Liam, thanks for your help. 

After I put my card payment details in it then asked for verification of my facebook password. I can't remember it doing this before. However the upgrdade was done via the spotify application which took me to the spotify website to put in card details. Have logged out of that and back in and says I'm on free.

In that case, it is most likely a duplicated account. Please could you try logging out of the client, and then logging in with your Facebook email address and password? If that is unlimited, then if you have your playlists then you may be able to live with that.

Otherwise, contact customer services using the Support Form and they'll be able to remove the duplicate account and put your subscription onto the correct account.

Liam

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey there @Richm! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Sorry to hear your account isn't allowing you to utilize the awesome Spotify Unlimited subscription. Let's see if we can do some things to help you out with that...

Just to verify, does your account overview say you are currently subscribed to Spotify Unlimited? Have you tried logging in and out of your desktop app to trigger the update? Can you try getting a fresh re-installation of the Spotify application?

Edit #1

You're going to have to login with the account details that the Spotify Subscription is applied to. If you have two different accounts (one where you use only a username and one where you use your Facebook linked details), one will have the subscription and one will not.

Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

@Richm wrote:

Hi

My subs for unlimted recently ran out. Yesterday I went in to spotify clicked to renew and paid for unlimited again. I was sent a spotify receipt however my account is still showing as spotify free. Not sure what to do.

Could it be because I use a different email address for spotify and facebook? I have always had it set up like that though.

Did you login online using Facebook or your Spotify username? If you used your Spotify username to login, then your subscription will be linked with that - otherwise it will be with the Facebook account.

Please try logging out of the client, and logging in in the same way you logged into the website. Also, check to see if it says you have an active subscription on your subscription page.

Liam

Thanks, yes tried those things.

The problem is that I had my account open ever since upgrading; so can't see how spotify could have applied it to a different account. Anyway loged out and in and just the same.

After I put my card payment details in it then asked for verification of my facebook password. I can't remember it doing this before. However the upgrdade was done via the spotify application which took me to the spotify website to put in card details. Have logged out of that and back in and says I'm on free.

Marked as solution

@Richm wrote:

In that case, it is most likely a duplicated account. Please could you try logging out of the client, and then logging in with your Facebook email address and password? If that is unlimited, then if you have your playlists then you may be able to live with that.

Otherwise, contact customer services using the Support Form and they'll be able to remove the duplicate account and put your subscription onto the correct account.

Liam

Hi LiamW

Yes you were right. Logged in with facebook and the sub was applied there!

I still dont understand why Spotify would do this ie I was logged in to spotify, clicked to upgrade and then it goes and creates a new account using my facebook - ie I did not have this account set up before. Anyway am up and running again but have lost all playlists  which is annoying.

Also had to create a new log in name to post messages!

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

No wories. If you're logged into Facebook, Spotify gets the data from there - Facebook takes precendence 🙂

Liam

That's interesting - so I can cancel my sub after a month. Log out of facebook. Go to my old account and upgrade then I'll get my playlists back.

@richma wrote:

That's interesting - so I can cancel my sub after a month. Log out of facebook. Go to my old account and upgrade then I'll get my playlists back.

Yes, if the accounts aren't merged. In other words, if the other account still exists and the playlists are there - you can do just that.

Suggested posts