Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

All my playlists are gone and I'm currently "Spotify Free" even though I pay for Unlimited

All my playlists are gone and I'm currently "Spotify Free" even though I pay for Unlimited

Hello,

When I logged into Spotify two days ago on my new computer somehow all my playlists had disappeared. I've tried logging out and in again but it didn't help at all. I hope that you could get this fixed. Also, I've been paying for Spotify Unlimited for a while, with the last payment on June 3 (today). Despite this, my account is now labeled as "free". I've tried to contact your support by writing a ticket through the online contact form (and replied to the no-reply email) but haven't heard back from you (sent it two days ago). What should I do?

18 Replies

Hey there @EhlinM, welcome to the community!

You are off to a good start! This seems to be a duplicate account issue. Before I escalate your case, have you received an e-mail with a receipt of the purchase? Every time Spotify Premium or Unlimited is purchased, a receipt gets sent to the e-mail on the account. On that receipt shows the username that's being credited. Sometimes users aren't logging in with that username.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

That's the strange thing. I haven't recieved any email with a receipt but when I log onto my bank I can see that Spotify have billed me.

I've used the same username for a couple of years and I've never had any problems logging in with it. Any suggestions?

In that case, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will lend a hand to track down your Unlimited account. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

As I stated in my first post, I've already tried to get in touch with the customer services team through the online contact form two days ago but I've yet to recieve a reply from them. I guess it won't hurt to send them a new one. Thanks for the reply.

If you let us know the 8-digit case number from the first time you got in touch we can ask someone to check it out for you. 😉

Peter

It's "01500744". Thanks for helping out.

I will get that passed over to the Spotify support team now.

Peter

Hey! Sorry for the delay, we'll see what we can do here.

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

I still don't have any playlists and I'm still labeled as "spotify free". This is making me rather frustrated as I'm paying for something that's not working properly.

Almost a week has gone by and I still don't have any of my playlists. Please fix this.

Over a week has passed and the problem still exist. Also seems like you guys have stopped responding to my thread, why is that? I haven't heard back from the support either. Why should I have to pay for something that's not working? Still no playlists and still labeled as a "spotify free" user even though I've been paying every month. To be honest, I'm starting to get fed up with this. I really thought a big company like Spotify would have better customer support than this.

Strange, let me see if I can get someone to find out what has happened to this for you.

Peter

@EhlinM - Any news from support yet?

Peter

Hey guy's. I'm new on the community page so bear with me. I have the same problem as EhlinM. My playlists are gone and my Unlimited account is Free now. The story is : I wanted to delete my FB account, this resulted in the automatic logout action from spotify. I was at one point successful to re-login but I was prompted with the message of "Who am I" a "new user" or "115610979" . At that time I had no idea that "115610979" was my user name, so as a stupid nuub I pressed new user. So I acknowledge that it is all my fault for creating the problem in the first place. I wrote to the spotify staff trough the online contact form and I also replied on the no-reply email, but still I have not received any answer. So here I am posting my message also on the forum. I would very much like some help to restore my account to Unlimited ( as I am currently still paying for it) and recover my playlists if possible. 

With Kind Regards,

NOFYB

@user-removed - How long ago did you get in touch? Unfortunately it is something the support team will need to lend a hand with.

Peter

I contacted them two days ago. 

PS: I know that I have to wait paciently, but I wanted to post it also on the forum just to make sure.

My issue has been solved. The guys from the customer service were very helpful. I have not lost my playlists after all but I had to create a new Spotify account (which seems quite fair as I am the one responsible for creating the problem).  

PS: Because I have a new account, I will deactivate and not respond on this one anymore.

Advice for people that will find themselves in the same situation: Be patient and it will be solved.

Cheers!

Suggested posts