Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

All of my music and playlists are GONE... and replacing it is a bunch of random rap music I’ve ever

Solved!

All of my music and playlists are GONE... and replacing it is a bunch of random rap music I’ve ever

help!!!!! I listen to my Spotify every single day. Today I open it and go to shuffle play on all of my saved music and it’s ALL GONE. All of my playlists, everything. I don’t have two accounts. I don’t use this on any other device. wth is going on??? I’m furious. How do I get all of my music back, and how could this even have happened? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

No worries! I ended up doing a chat with Spotify to make sure my account was secure and they restored my music right before the security breach on my account. Thank you for your help though! 🙂

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hello @Jvennera,

It looks like someone else has your account. Go to your account overview and then log out of all devices. Change your password and then one of the tabs on the left will say recover playlists. Click on the playlists you want back. Hopefully this helps.

OK. I’ll try that. Do you work for Spotify?

Nope just enjoy helping other people and understand Spotify.

If that was the solution please mark it as such.

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it. I think of someone hacked my account, wouldn’t Spotify recognize if my account was used on an authorized device?? 

Yeah as I said I believe your account is being used by someone else. Sadly Spotify at the moment does not have something to stop new devices from joing your Spotify account.

Did it work for you? if so please mark it as the solution

No, all I have are some playlists back. My saved music is still gone. I don’t really care about playlists. I care about the songs I’ve accumulated over time.

Okay if you want your songs back you should check the first reply to this comment. The link is here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/How-to-recover-my-deleted-songs-not-playlists/td-p/8626...

Marked as solution

No worries! I ended up doing a chat with Spotify to make sure my account was secure and they restored my music right before the security breach on my account. Thank you for your help though! 🙂

Suggested posts