Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artist Profile

Artist Profile

I am an artist manager looking to create an artist profile to upload and share music from. However, the band has already uploaded their music through CDBaby services. Is there a way to conjoin the music that's already on Spotify with the new account?

Thanks

3 Replies

Hey @msiman12,

To make sure everything on Spotify is properly licensed, they require all music to be delivered by labels and distributors. Spotify has deals with most labels and distributors, so if you’re signed to one just ask them to put the music on Spotify.

If you’re not signed to a label or distributor, we have deals in place with companies who can deliver your music to us and collect royalties for you. These are called aggregators. CDBaby is one of them.

These services handle the licensing and distribution of your music and also pay you royalties when your fans stream your music on Spotify. There’s usually a small fee or percentage cut involved. Each service is unique, so be sure to do some homework before picking one.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi!

Thank you for your response. The music is already up on Spotify through CDBaby, so I was wondering if I could manage that music through a new artist account in order to get verified

Thanks for letting me know.

Spotify for Artists puts you in charge of managing artist profiles. Once you get access, you’re able to update artist images, post artist playlists, and make an artist’s pick anytime you want, all from one place. If you don’t have access to Spotify for Artists, get access here.

For more info and tips on managing your profile, check out Spotify's artist guide.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts