Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can I get the free 30 day Premium trial after being an Unlimited user?

Can I get the free 30 day Premium trial after being an Unlimited user?

Currently I'm an Spotify Free user. Previously (up to last July) I was an Unlimited user.

Now I want to try the Premium service. I've never been a Premium user before (just "Unlimited").

But when I try clicking the little link at the top of the Spotify home about getting the 30 day trial, I get a message telling me that my account has been already subscribed to Unlimited in the past, so "it doesn't need to be part of the trial period".

What does it mean? I can't get the free 30 day offer even though I've never been a Premium user before?

My previous Unlimited subscription expired back in August and now I'm getting ads while listening to Spotify, so I'm sure I'm on Spotify Free now, not on Unlimited. So why wouldn't I "need to be part of the trial period" for a Premium account?

3 Replies

Anyone?

To clarify on this, you won't be able to sign up for the free trial if you've had any kind of subscription on your account before. So you're not eligible at this time I'm afraid.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

That's stupid. Sort it out, yeah?

Suggested posts