Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can log in web player, but not desktop client

Solved!

Can log in web player, but not desktop client

So I've had this problem for a while now. I cannot log in the desktop client using either my Spotify or facebook credentials (running Windows 8). However, I can login the web player and Spotify website with no problem.

Furthermore, I cannot log into my account from any of my friend's computers, but they have no problem logging into their accounts on mine. I used to have a Spotify premium account, but just credit card expired and I'm back on the free version.

Other things I've tried:

Completely reinstalling Spotify

Changing Spotify password

I've emailed Spotify support several times with no response... so I was wondering if someone knew how to maybe reset their account or have had this problem before? Or maybe a moderator can take a look at my account!

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hmm ok. Annoyingly, we can't sort anything directly here (too many security details needed), but if you could contact customer support, they'll get back to you nice and quick.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hi @matthewkan! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I've escalated this so that a moderator can hopefully look into it for you.

Best of luck!
Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

password reset is a good first suggestion, if you have Spotify username try entering that on the reset page instead of your email address. 

Are you getting a specific error code when you login (410 for example)? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I've reset my password, tried logging in with both a Spotify account and my facebook account, and also reinstalled Spotify. No specific error code, just login failed, saying my username/password were incorrect. However, I can still log in online with these credentials.

matthewkan - Just to clarify, are you trying to login with the username 'mistermatthewkan' and Spotify password?
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Yes. I've also tried with my facebook credentials.

Marked as solution

Hmm ok. Annoyingly, we can't sort anything directly here (too many security details needed), but if you could contact customer support, they'll get back to you nice and quick.

-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi, 

I'm having this problem as well, but not getting any response from the Spotify support team. did you solve and if so what did you do?!

Same problem here...

Suggested posts