Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Connect with Facebook

Solved!

Can't Connect with Facebook

When I try to attach my Facebook account to my Spotify account, I get the following message:

"Connect to Facebook

Sorry there has been a temporary error, please try again later."

On Facebook, when I go to App Settings -> Spotify -> Edit, I get this error:

"Invalid permission specified

The app requested an invalid permission: whitelisted_offline_access"

I believe I can't use the web client like I would like to until this is resolved, and that would be my preffered option for my desktop (Linux-based).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Try to get in touch with the Spotify guys, they actually helped in this matter.

View solution in original post

63 Replies

i have the same problem. i can't connect my spotify account with fb. everything was fine until yesterday i lost connection and i don't know how to bring it back. help, please 😕

to make it short: same here

My Facebook and Spotify are connected but I get the same error message when I try to change my privacy settings for Spotify.

"The app requested an invalid permission: whitelisted_offline_access"

My Facebook and Spotify are also (theoretically) connected but I get that same error message when I try to change my Spotify app settings in Facebook.

"The app requested an invalid permission: whitelisted_offline_access"

I also can't see what tracks I've shared with others on Facebook through Spotify. (like I used to see a week ago inside Facebook 'Messages')

I am having this problem too!! HELP!!

Same error:

Invalid permission specified

The app requested an invalid permission: whitelisted_offline_access

Looks like it's solvedThanks!

still buggy 😞 

Hey guys 🙂 

I am going to escalate this as an issue to the Spotify community team, would anyone be able to post a link to a screenshot of this error (since I can't seem to reproduce)? 

Also, are you all using Facebook to login or are you using dedicated Spotify accounts which are linked to Facebook?

Thanks

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have a dedicated account.

1. http://db.tt/CHpuclH8

and when i click on "Edit"

2. http://db.tt/1KxSCREG

edit: It shows "connected" there, but songs will not share, playlists not updated etc. ... weird behaviour

Okay, thanks for the information. I have escalated this as an issue to the Spotify team.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I also have this issue!

I can connect to spotify 🙂 but I do have the "whitelisted_offline_access" problem when trying to edit the Spotify app settings in Facebook 😞

I fixed it just now on my computer...

In the App settings area of FB, I deleted Spotify completely... I was also logged out of the spotify app... then I relogged into Spotify by logging in with FB and the original connect accounts thing came up and asks you how much do you want to share your activity (only me, friends, custom...)...... I chose custom and set my prefs... I think originally I must have hit only me.

I will say however... I am still getting that same whitelisted_offline_access error message if I try update in FB... but at elast I can share what I'm listening to...

I had the same problem.

Delete spotify from FB Apps, go to this link:

https://www.spotify.com/us/account/social/facebook/

On the spotify page it says:

Connect to Facebook

If you are having problems connecting to Facebook through Spotify, you can manually enable Facebook right here from the website.

You can then select your sharing settings. This worked for me

also same problem:(

and can't see my friends in spotify desktop app and iphone app....:/

Did you try my solution? 

RickoMeyers schrieb:

Did you try my solution? 

"Tinkering" sucks. They should simply fix this issue. That's not nuclear physics. 🙂

have this issue too..

And I cant see friends activity..:(

@flash_radwar wrote:

RickoMeyers schrieb:

Did you try my solution? 

"Tinkering" sucks. They should simply fix this issue. That's not nuclear physics. 🙂

Hi,

As Peter has stated, he escalated this as an issue to the Spotify team. They should be working on it now, just give it a little time and it should all be sorted for you 🙂

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Suggested posts