Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Unsubscribe From Premium

Solved!

Can't Unsubscribe From Premium

I got a free thirty-day trial of Spotify premium, the one where they'll bill you at the end of the trial if you don't unsubscribe first.  I'm now trying to unsubscribe because I don't want to be billed.  However, when I type in my Facebook password (as my account is linked to Facebook) at the unsubscription page, it says that I have an incorrect password.  

I figured that maybe I used a different password to get the free subscription, so I went to password reset, but it told me to just reset my Facebook.... SO I DID THAT, AND IT STILL SAYS I HAVE AN INCORRECT PASSWORD!  What the hell do I do to unsubscribe?!  This is completely ridiculous.  Someone please help.  I am not getting billed for this thing just because it won't let me unsubscribe.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This is a very common problem in these forums, and the usual employee response is to try another browser. Also try logging out of Facebook (don't log back in) and then try to cancel.

If this doesn't work, you will have to contact Spotify to have an employee cancel your account: https://www.spotify.com/fi/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support

Note that Spotify support is notoriously slow and you may get billed before you get an answer. You should call your bank a few days before your charging date, tell them about this situation, and if you get charged, that will be proof that you indeed tried to cancel it.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

This is a very common problem in these forums, and the usual employee response is to try another browser. Also try logging out of Facebook (don't log back in) and then try to cancel.

If this doesn't work, you will have to contact Spotify to have an employee cancel your account: https://www.spotify.com/fi/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support

Note that Spotify support is notoriously slow and you may get billed before you get an answer. You should call your bank a few days before your charging date, tell them about this situation, and if you get charged, that will be proof that you indeed tried to cancel it.

Suggested posts