Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change account details (location)

Solved!

Can't change account details (location)

I don't know why Spotify has signed me up as living in the US, problem is even by editing payment methods (as they suggest) I am unable to change my location, and now Spotify won't play nomore because it sees me as "abroad".

Trying contacting support, they replied immediately asking questions and then disappeared.

It's been almosta a week now, I can't play it and they won't reply to my emails anymore.

WTF?

142 Replies

I can't change my payments details as  I don't have any credit card either.... Help 😞

Hi Pleincouer - Please have a look in your inbox as email is on its way. 

Any other users that wish to change the country in their account (but don't have a credit card) should get in touch with our support team. 

Just go to About > Contact at the bottom of the page. 

I am also having the same problem as the rest of the users above. I created an account a year ago while I was in the UK. I have now moved to the USA and I'm unable to change my location. I've tried updating my payment details and postal code but it doesn't seem to work.  

Could one of the moderators also send me the e-mail to change my location?

Thanks 

Hi NotMiceElf - A reply has just been sent to the case you opened.

Keep an eye on your inbox for us.

I've replied to the e-mail you sent, Meredith. I was unsure whether to send a direct reply back to the email or if I should have sent it in through the Contact Us form

Hi

I am having the same problem. I have moved from the Netherlands to the UK and I am unable to change my location through spotify or the facebook page link that is suggested. The odd thing is that I originally set up my spotify account in the UK and it worked fine for me in the Netherlands, but now it only seems to work when I click on things I have already played on my facebook home page.

Hey seany, what happens when you try to change your country? Is there any kind of error message?

If you continue to have problems please just get in touch through our Contact Form, as Meredith describes above.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi, 

I have been living in France and I have recently moved back to Sweden. Spotify doesn't work here because Spotify tells me that I am abroad. I cannot change my account settings, even after having filled in all possible information about my credit card number. Obviously I can see on this site that loads of people have the exact same problem. When I wright to Spotify they tell me that I should be able to find the answer here, which doesn' work.

I do understand that Spotify want to make it as complicated as possible to continue to use Spotify Free in order to make more people subscribe and pay them money, otherwise transfering Spotify Free would be as easy to do as creating a Spotify account.

But I still don't have the intention of buying a subscription and if Spotify doesn' start to work soon I think I'll change to another music programme. So PLEASE - just tell us how to do it!

Hey Anapana, I'll send you an email on this.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Hello,

I am having the same problem. I have moved from US to Germany and I cannot change the country, without providing a credit card number. What should I do?

Many thanks!

Hey leavesofgrass, welcome to the Community.

For this, it would be best if you could drop us a message through our Contact Form. You'll find this under About Us at the top of this page.

Let me know your case number and I'll try to help you out if I'm able.

I've just moved from Spain to UK and Spotify continues to decline my credit card details, paypal, etc... so I can't change the country neither listeting to music as consecuence... anyone could help me please?

Hi Daasensio - I've just moved your post to this larger thread.

Please pop us an email via the Contact Form as Richard suggests above. We'll then be able to give you a hand.

I can't do it either. Have tried many different ways but none works. At all. This is really starting to get annoying. I lived in Denmark before but has now moved to Sweden. Why can't I update?

/Jakob

JakobGP - Keep an eye on your inbox, I've just sent an email over.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

So, I think I've sent it over. Did you get the email? My internet broke down.

/Jakob

Still nothing? What's going on guys? 😞

JakobGP - I think I sorted it this morning for you. Let us know if you have any trouble.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi,

I am having the same problem.Quote

I am based in UK but dont know why i am listed as offline and asking for credit card details?

@Gemma wrote:

I don't know why Spotify has signed me up as living in the US, problem is even by editing payment methods (as they suggest) I am unable to change my location, and now Spotify won't play nomore because it sees me as "abroad".

Trying contacting support, they replied immediately asking questions and then disappeared.

It's been almosta a week now, I can't play it and they won't reply to my emails anymore.

WTF?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Garrettmccann- What's happened is you've made a new account that's linked to your Facebook. 

This account is registered in the US, while your 'jirusthevirus' account is in the UK. 

All you need to do is log out and log back in with your 'jirusthevirus' username (not your email). Then head on over to Richard's post for details. 

Suggested posts