Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can't redeem NUS extra code

Solved!

Can't redeem NUS extra code

Hi, I am currently subscribed to spotify through my three uk mobile contract. I am just starting a degree and have received an NUS extra card that qualifies me for a discounted rate. The problem is that the spotify website won't let me redeem that code, perhaps because I am signed up with three uk. I don't mind how I am signed up to spotify; directly or not, but I would like to get my discount please. Can you I open up a new account and transfer my playlists & music & preferences over then set up a new direct debit and add the discount? Or can you apply a discount to my current account if I give you my nus card number? Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Maf,

In order to create a new Premium subscription, you'd need to cancel your current subscription through 3, wait for the subscription to expire, then add this new NUS one. There wouldn't be any need to create a new account.

However, for any payment related query, it's really best if you contact our payments team. They'll be able to give you more detailed instructions and help you along your way. Just head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form'. They'll get back to you as soon as they can.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi Maf,

In order to create a new Premium subscription, you'd need to cancel your current subscription through 3, wait for the subscription to expire, then add this new NUS one. There wouldn't be any need to create a new account.

However, for any payment related query, it's really best if you contact our payments team. They'll be able to give you more detailed instructions and help you along your way. Just head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form'. They'll get back to you as soon as they can.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks Sam, but if I followe thi process wouldn't I loose all my playlists etc.

I deffo don't want this to happen.

Sam is suggesting that you create a new subscription, after your current one expires. You won't lose your playlists. Your playlists (and everything else) are associated with your account, not the state of your subscription.

Thanks Jude, I lost the whole concept of my account for a minute then.

Yep that sounds fine. Much oblliged...

Matt

Suggested posts