Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't upgrade to Spotify Premium

Can't upgrade to Spotify Premium

Hey

I have a issue when I try to upgrade my spotify account to Premium it says:

"Payment failed. Please make sure that you have sufficient funds and that your credit card has not expired, if you're using one. To see your current payment details please go to your subscriptions page. If you still get this message after updating your payment details please log out, log in and then try again."

It's been like this for months now, I've tried several times and I do have money on my card and it hasn't expired.

What should I do? I really need my premium, going insane without it..

Best regards, Faithful Spotify user 🙂

30 Replies

So, I can't even get to the payment page because the link in the the "Continue" button doesn't work. Frustrating... It doesn't give me a lot of confidence in the company, that's for sure....

Can you try the steps in this FAQ if you haven't done so already.

Thanks but I'm not friggin' a retard. I'm saying that the page is non functional. once you get to the page to select your card type and try to hit "Continue" it doesn't do anything. It's a broken link. You can hover over it and the cursor turns to pointer like a link is supposed to but it won't 'click' or advance to the payment information page.

Just tested this on my free account and it went forward fine. Is is possible to try a different browser?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

hey man! I was just having the exact same issue but then I looked carefully and noticed that there is actually a zip code field that needs to be filled in to calculate the tax. Its hard to see at first and took me over 15 minutes of being pissed off that the continue button didn't work, but we're blind 😉 Hope I helped if you didn't figure it out yet !

Hi guys for some reason I had to re install spotify but lost my playlist and the 12.99 a month subscription and now I can't get it back as everytime I try and get premium it's saying not in the region can anyone help plz.

@Katymustoe14 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am having a problem upgrading to premium. Every time I try to enter my credit cards expiration date the app crashes and sends me back to the main page. No message pops up, the screen just goes black.

I'm having the ducking problem. **bleep**? Does Spotify want us to pay or **bleep**ing what?

God darn right. I want to upgrade so I can listen to the wall unmolested and I haven't been able to . You calling me stupid, Bitches?

Ya I'm not having to much success
Trying to upgrade
Where do I do this ???

Suggested posts