Cannot Edit Profile

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone Xs, IPad 

My Question or Issue

Hi there i created my account through linking it with facebook however when i log into the Spotify browser is wont let me edit any of my profile details. I’m wanting to update my username for the random bunch of numbers thats its made my username, is there any solution to this

Thank you in advance 

1 Reply

Hey @Here_Comes_Yamo, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

If you're unable to change your personal details, it's likely you signed up to Spotify with Facebook. This means your Spotify account registered the personal details associated with your Facebook account, and it's not possible to change those with Spotify. To change your personal details, you need to switch to a new account. See 'I want to use Spotify without Facebook' for more information.

But it seems like based on the original post that you want to change your username. Your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so it can’t change. You can add or change a display name, which replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity. More info and steps on how to do this can be found in this support article

Hope you'll find this useful. I'll be here if you need anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts