Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot link my facebook account with Spotify

Cannot link my facebook account with Spotify

When I enter my facebook account details nothing happens and it keeps asking the same information eventhough I accept all the requests spotify asks after the account info is entered (I'm talking about the pop ups that ask for facebook info like friend lists etc.). There must be something wrong with my spotify account.

10 Replies

Hey @juspion

There should also be a way to link your Facebook account to your Spotify account on the account page here:

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

See if that works 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've also tried the web player. Nothing works.

When I click the Connect button a gif spinner appears for a second and nothing happens.

But did you try the account page here?

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Towards the bottom of the page there should be a section to connect to Facebook. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

There are three buttons on this page edit profile, view details (spotify premium), sign out everywhere.

Nothing about the facebook connection.

If there is no place to connect Facebook on the account page, then that means you are already connected to Facebook.

You are using the desktop app, correct? Can you try logging out of the app and then logging back in?

After that go to the settings page in the desktop app and scroll down to Facebook. If it is connected, there should be a "disconnect from Facecbook" button.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I've logged out and in numerous times and still in the desktop app preferences page there is only connect to facebook button when I click it asks for facebook e mail and password and when I enter them nothing happens.

I've tried with different computers then tried again with the web player even tried to link a different facebook account nothing works.

There must be something wrong with my spotify account.

@juspion

That doesn't sound normal. At this point since you have followed all of the troubleshooting steps,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you. Make sure to tell them what you have already tried so that they don't repeat what I have said.

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thank you for your help. I've told them the situation and waiting for a response. I will post here as soon as there is a development on this issue.

You're welcome!

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hey @juspion

Just following up on this.

Has support replied back to you yet?

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts