Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot use facebook generated password to log in on ps4

Solved!

Cannot use facebook generated password to log in on ps4

So I have been struggling to log in to my ps4 spotify with my current account with subscribtion. I made my premium account through facebook. After finding out I need separate password to log in to other devices I tried that. After sending device password to my hotmail e-mail none of the emails got through, so I changed my facebook email to gmail. After that I went to spotify account page to send a new device password I got the email to set a new password for other devices. After clicking the link to set the password, It said "Oh no! Something has gone wrong! But don't be sad.You can try again a little bit later." Well I got a bit frustrated already because I've tried to do this for weeks now. After that I set a device password for spotify through facebook and tried to use my spotify device username and facebook generated spotify password... still nothing. I really don't understand how this can be so hard to do. If nothing helps then I guess I have to buy a new subscription to a new account to finally get spotify to work on my ps4. 

One more thing, I don't know if this might be the reason why I can't get it to work or not, but I'm from estonia and my spotify subscription is on estonian credit card. But since ps4 doesn't offer Estonian region setting I am using finland region, which means, If I want to subscribe to spotify through ps4It can't be done-  I can't use Estonian credit cards. 

Anyways, looking forward to your solutions.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @evonroossaar,

If you haven't done this yet, follow this to get a device password:

1. Go to Facebook settings.
  2. Select Security.
  3. Select App Passwords
  4. Click Generate App Password
  5. Enter your current Facebook password and click Submit.
  6. Enter Spotify, and Facebook will automatically generate a password for you.

You can use it, with your Facebook email address as username, to log into Spotify directly on any device.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @evonroossaar,

If you haven't done this yet, follow this to get a device password:

1. Go to Facebook settings.
  2. Select Security.
  3. Select App Passwords
  4. Click Generate App Password
  5. Enter your current Facebook password and click Submit.
  6. Enter Spotify, and Facebook will automatically generate a password for you.

You can use it, with your Facebook email address as username, to log into Spotify directly on any device.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts