Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Card declined w/requirments

Card declined w/requirments

My card keeps declining when trying to set up for the 30 day trial premium. 

1: My country in profile is USA

2: My card is from the USA (Visa)

3: My card is OK to purchase internationally

4: Theres funds available (even though it's 0.00 for trial)

5: My card has accepted other services as 0.00 before

6: I refuse to use paypal

Am i screwed?

8 Replies

Voldta - Have you tried going through a different internet browser?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Sam - Tried Firefox, Chrome and IE. All say the same thing. 😕

Maybe I'll have to get a different bank account card or something. Gah!

I had this issue before, Just sign out of facebook and Spotify and then Sign back in, When I sign up for the trail I got the same issue and that worked for me.

Also if you have facebook login codes (Where facebook sends you a sms with a code to login to facebook and a facebook intergrated site) this can also cuase issues.

Can't promise that will work like.

Also make sure you got the latest versions of the browsers you are using as well, sometimes older versions can cuase issues.

System Specs:
Intel® Core™ i5-2500K Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.70 GHz), 4GB Ram DRR3 (800Mhz), Intel 3000 HD Graphics, 500GB HDD at 5400 RPM, 250GB Extra HDD at 5400RPM, WIn7 Home Premium

Gnat - Thanks for the advice, unfortunatly did not work. For kicks and giggles I decided to try and see if buying the actual premium subscription would go through and it did. 

Just paid 9.99 for a trial lol. Oh well! 🙂

Hi voldta - Our payments team should take a look here. 

If you get in touch via our contact form they can lend you a hand. As you never received the 30-day trial before you're certainly eligible. 

Meredith - Thanks! Wrote a nice help request. Will enjoy the tunes regardless of any outcome. Not angry at all 🙂

Thanks for everyones help!

Sorry I could not help anymore then I could.

But atleast you are not angry maybe you might get a refund, sometimes this issue does happen maybe just a glitch in the system I hope the support/sales team can help you out more :).

System Specs:
Intel® Core™ i5-2500K Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.70 GHz), 4GB Ram DRR3 (800Mhz), Intel 3000 HD Graphics, 500GB HDD at 5400 RPM, 250GB Extra HDD at 5400RPM, WIn7 Home Premium

@ Gnat - It's alright! You gave suggesstions that I did not think of! 🙂

As an update, customer service was able to verify everything, enabled the 30 day trial and refunded the initial payment (which is only going back to them anyway because so far its pretty good!)

My only issue now is after using the android app (HTC INC2) on the phone, it stops after about 5 or 6 songs and doesnt do anything anymore. Will have to look for a solution in a different thread! 🙂  Im sure its just something on my end.

Thank you all for your help!! ❤️ Spotify and it's community.

-voldta  :^)

Suggested posts