Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changed country. Failed to take effect

Changed country. Failed to take effect

Hi there. I have recently moved from the Netherlands to the UK. I have tried to change my country about 10 times now but it seems the system does not want to change it. 

As noted in the help info I went into changing my profile and tried to change my payment method. When I changed it the system prompted me that the country and payment method did not match and if I wanted to change the country. So I clicked yes. The ONLY thing this does for me is that it returns me back to the screen for entering a payment method. 

Now I read somewhere that the changed would be reflected in the next payment. But alas nothing has changed. It has still charged the subscription in € on my dutch account instead of £ on my UK account. This is almost as frustrating by now as Paypals inability to change country at all. Anyone with some information on how to solve this? 

4 Replies

Hello!

1st option is to try to clear all caches, etc, or just go onto a different internet browser. Then try it again! 2nd option is to try to revert back to Free, changing your country there and then going back to premium. Should work. 

If neither does, contact the Spotify Support team here - https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

Again, I am very sorry for the inconveniences you have! We hope you can embrace Spotify to the fullest.

I can speak to you in English, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本, 普通话, 廣東話, 한국어, Tiếng Việt

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
I'm not a Spotify official! Just here to help!

Well I tried everything. This system is just STUPID. I killed all caches. Tried a different browser. Tried a different computer. BUT THE SYSTEM JUST FAILS TO CHANGE THE COUNTRY. So I went for option B and Cancel my subscription. The reactivate it once I can actually make the change.

This is the exact same fail nonsense Paypal is suffering from. The moment you move country is the moment that everything digital just becomes a pain in the rear to fix. So thank you for the info but it seems  I need to get the long way round. Thank Spotify. Yes I am annoyed. Never knew that moving country would bring this much digital pain with it.

@Nylira

In this case, it's better to delete your payment info and cancel your subscription altogether (which you already did). You will still be premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription and payment overview --> http://spotify.com/account/subscription/

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

After you've cancelled and removed your payment info, change your country in profile (if you need to), and resubscribe to Premium with the new card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

Your payment card country must match your country in profile, an the country of your IP address.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have exactly the same problem, and am just as annoyed: cannot change the country. Have spent an hour now with this. Will delete my account and never come back. Cannot recommend to friends either. Besides, I was hesitant in the first place anyway, as Spotify pays so little to the artist. There are other streaming services, will look into those now.

Suggested posts