Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changed country from UK to Singapore

Changed country from UK to Singapore

I have changed country from UK to Singapore (where I now live).  Changed payment method to local SIngapore Visa.  Still getting charged UK rate for Premium two months later.

Any ideas.

I couldn't find an email address to contact Spotify.

Thanks

AM

4 Replies

Hi @amacauley welcome to the Spotify Community! 

Would you be able to check your IP to make sure it's showing up as a Singapore IP? You can do that here. If you set up your account outside of Spotify then you made need to change it there instead. If that doesn't apply then I'd suggest reaching out to Spotify Cares through this contact form, their facebook or twitter, they should be able to get you sorted with this.

If this post solved your issue - Accept it as a solution. If you like my post - Please add likes to it.

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 2.43.49 PM.png

I just moved from Singapore (family membership cost of 15SGD) to the UK (same membership now nearly doubled to £15)... Can't complain, was getting it for a cheap rate in Singapore, but good luck, it's much cheaper there.

I’m in a similar situation.. how did you resolve it in the end?

Hey and thanks for reaching out to us @jeweltaiyh!

We'll be happy to explain a bit more about what seems to be happening here.

If you were able to change the payment method to one from Singapore but your account is still set to the UK, you'll need to wait until your next payment date so that the change will go into effect.

When your next payment goes through your new registered card, the account should sync up and you should be charged the new rate.

You can keep track of your subscription's status with the steps here.

If your country settings don't change, it means that you weren't able to register a new payment method. We'd recommend checking this page to see what you can do to troubleshoot that.

We hope this info helps. Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts