Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing the postcode on the profile?

Solved!

Changing the postcode on the profile?

Hello, I have my spotify account linked with my facebook account. For the purpose of the family subscription, I wanted to change my postal code. Currently, in my account view this field exists, but is empty; however, when I want to edit my account details the postcode field does not appear at all. Anyone knows how to fix this? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there,

You can find the Postal code settings on Facebook by heading to your Facebook profile page > About > Contact and Basic Info > Address > Edit .

The new post code will reflect on your Spotify account within a few days.

Let me know if you continue to have any issues.

(edit)

Hey all,

Just a quick update.

Changing zip codes via Facebook doesn't work anymore. It's also not possible to change it on your Account page.

If you need this info updated, please submit a request here. We're happy to help 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I had the same problem! Just live chat with them in 5 minutes and they change it for you. He said he would let the DEVS know it's not working through the Facebook feature.

Hope you can get it fixed. 🙂

View solution in original post

27 Replies

Hello!

Thanks for reaching us out here on the community 🙂

Since your account was created through Facebook, updating your ZIP code should also be done through FB.

This is easy to do, just head over to your Facebook Profile page > About > Contact and Basic Info > Address

Hope this helps!

I also have this problem, my account is also through Facebook, however the postcode on my Facebook account does not mirror the one on my Spotify account so the proposed solution doesn't work. Even when trying to update postcode on FB again, it still doesn't work

Hello @jules-august !

Sorry for the late reply. 

Are you still experiencing this issue?

So I can take a closer look, can you send me a screenshot of the Postcode you entered on FB, and the one that appears on your Accounts Overview page?

Thanks!

Argh

Infuriating!

Cannot see any postcode in facebook, as have deleted it on the account linked to Spotify

Yet still se eit on spotify, and as it is linked, cannot access it to remove. I need to change it as leaving the house and moving on. How do i do this? 

Hi there,

Your Facebook profile is still connected to your Spotify account. You should be able to update your Postal code via Facebook. 

Let me know if you're still unable to do so. I'll be happy to help.

Thanks!

I'm having the same issue, the postcode field does not exist when I try to edit my settings, and it doesn't update when I change it on facebook either.

Marked as solution

Hey there,

You can find the Postal code settings on Facebook by heading to your Facebook profile page > About > Contact and Basic Info > Address > Edit .

The new post code will reflect on your Spotify account within a few days.

Let me know if you continue to have any issues.

(edit)

Hey all,

Just a quick update.

Changing zip codes via Facebook doesn't work anymore. It's also not possible to change it on your Account page.

If you need this info updated, please submit a request here. We're happy to help 🙂

Hi. Is this valid for the address in the family plan?? I had no address info in facebook and my family couldnt verify it so they were deleted from the family plan.
What can i do??

Also have the same problem, my account in facebook didnt have a zipcode and any information of my address only the country and the city. My family verified the address correctly 'cause we live in the same house (there no cheating here) but today the suscription had been canceled and turned to free. I already paid for the suscrition until april, and I want to enter the same accounts of my family and Spotify dont let me, they said "the address cant be verified".

I want to solve the problem in this moment. Also I see that the support of Spotify its very bad, I expected an answer soon.

Hi, I'm from Colombia, and I've done this on my Facebook account, however, 5 days have past and it still hasn't updated my zip code. Please help

I also have a problem. I think Spotify got the wrong address and postal code and now my housemate cannot join my Family account. There is no way to contact Spotify employee about this?

Spotify community,

around how many days am i supposed to wait until it works? I already changed my postal code but still im unable to access the family plan my sister set up.

please help.

Caroliona V

Hey there,

Did spotify update your zip code?

sadly no.

I changed to tidal since they where unable to give me a solution that I could take. 

I contacted the Spotify team via email (very hard to find their contact email address on their website) and in the end, they freed my email address so I could create a new account with it and then they transferred all the playlists over. A bit of a hassle but everything works out in the end.

Now I can't even reply with my old "account" here hahaha

Exactly the same problem here:

- I have correct address in FB account

- My family members were correctly entering the address

- Family subscription paid

... and all my family accounts lost access to music in June ... 

I have searched for solution many hours, nothing worked, after few weeks of trying, I had to cancel Spotify ... 

I think one of the problems could be, that my address is marked in the FB as "Private"... maybe Spotify is not able to read the address information and therefore invalidates my family accounts ... friendly suggestion to Spotify:

Give users option to update ZIP code in your Edit profile section, otherwise many will leave you as I did.

I tried this, still didn't work.  Very frustrating problem, and it's keeping me locked out of my Premium account.  I can see no one else seemed to get a good answer to this either.  Spotify, we need better answers here, please!

Contacting spotify support through live chat solved my problem. They have
reset my address settings and now my family can connect accounts together.
--
Regards,

Viktor Zeman
*Quality Unit*

Suggested posts