Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged twice on the same day and never got premium

Charged twice on the same day and never got premium

Here's what we got from you: I tried to purchase Spotify Premium with the student discount, but it kept saying my student information wasn't valid (which it is valid) and I couldn't get premium with the discount. Later that day two chargers of $4.99 ($9.98 total) were made to my bank account. When I saw these charges I assumed I had received Spotify Premium, but when I tried to use it on my account it wouldn't work. So in summary abbywood9182 was charged $9.98 for Premium, and doesn't actually have premium. I would either like a refund, or for my premium to work and the second payment of $4.99 to be credited to my next payment.
1 Reply

Hi @abbywood9182. Those two $4.99 charges you see are most likely holding charges. Normally there should only be one, but if you tried to re-start the entire process then I can see a second one being placed. Holding charges don't actually take any money from your account, but simple "hold" it for when you complete the transaction to ensure that your account has enough funds. Since the transaction(s) were never completed the funds should be released back to you within a few business days. 

If this turns out not to be the case, then simply reach out to me and I'll make sure we get it taken care of, though I'm rather positive that you shouldn't have any issues. If anything else comes up, or if you have any other question, please let me know. Cheers!

Suggested posts