Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Concurrent users

Solved!

Concurrent users

As a family we use Spotify a great deal. We have three Sonos boxes, I use Spotify with my phone and I have a separate streamer at home which I use. My problem is that the kids and I keep cutting each other off.  EG If I am on the train listening to Spotify and the kids call something up on a Sonos, I lose what I am listening to.

The only solution I can think of is to have a subscription for Sonos and one for me. But Spotify doesn't seem to give an option to have two subscriptions on one account?

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This issue comes down to licensing, which is a real pain. Spotify is licensed for "personal" usage only, meaning the account is "yours" hence why you can only stream in one place at a time. 

The only two things I can think to suggest are:

- Having two completely seperate accounts.

- Always using your phone in offline mode (and listen to offline playlists) that way you can listen and it won't cut the stream from your Sonos. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

You need to make a completely seperate account with a different email address or Facebook login. You can pay with the same card on more than one account though.

Peter

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

This issue comes down to licensing, which is a real pain. Spotify is licensed for "personal" usage only, meaning the account is "yours" hence why you can only stream in one place at a time. 

The only two things I can think to suggest are:

- Having two completely seperate accounts.

- Always using your phone in offline mode (and listen to offline playlists) that way you can listen and it won't cut the stream from your Sonos. 

Peter

Thanks - can I have two subscriptions related to me, or do I need to get another member of the family to set up an account?

edit to make question clearer

Marked as solution

You need to make a completely seperate account with a different email address or Facebook login. You can pay with the same card on more than one account though.

Peter

Thanks again

Suggested posts