Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Customer Service Issue

Customer Service Issue

I contacted Spotify through the customer service email/form online. I was having issues with the service and wrote about it in the email. A spotify rep who referred to himself as "Paulo" replied

"Hey Caleb, Thank you for your message. We’re sorry to hear this has happened to you while using Spotify..." The problem is that my name is NOT Caleb, it is Chad. So I replied:

"My name is Chad not Caleb. Maybe that is the problem. I emailed you from my account so it should have my name on it: Chad Hicks. This just adds to the problem. Is there a number I can call? Seems like there's a lot more than just one issue here. I'm very frustrated that now my name isn't even showing up right and I pay $10 a month for this service that is not even working "

Ted, another rep, then emailed me again and again addressed me as "Caleb" even though I had told him that my name was NOT Caleb. It is stated that Spotify cares about the customers and reads every email sent to them, this obviously did not occur and it makes me nervous about how my information is portrayed in your system. I have all of this communication saved in emails and have no problem presenting it as evidence. It is a slap in the face to be called by another name after specifically stating that it not my name.

My original issue is that songs keep getting added to my playlists - sometimes 20-40 songs are added for no reason.  Also my playlists disappear for no reason, and now your company and representatives care so little about the customer that they don't even read the messages that are sent to them. This is unacceptable.

I am attaching screenshots of all the emails I am referring to, you should have copies in your system as well.  I have attached the screenshots in a word document so they can be easily read.  

Spotify Email Issues Proof.jpg
1 Reply

Hey Chad! Welcome to the community!

Have you created your account with Facebook? Spotify uses the same name as your Facebook name if you've linked your account with Facebook.

As for the adding songs to your playlists issue, could you change your passwords and click the: 'Sign out everywhere'-button here? Let me know if you need anything else.

Have a nice day! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts