Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Duplicate Account?

Solved!

Duplicate Account?

Dear People at Spotify, 

It seems I have one account with spotify directly and another one with my facebook-ID?

Strange thing is: I logged in with my 'normal' account to renew my premium, but it seems that it has been 

booked on an account i can only get onto when i log in with my facebook details. 

It's annoying because my playlist are in the 'normal' account while my subscription is in the 'facebook' account. 

I hope you can help!

207 Replies

Hey @user-removed ! Welcome to the community 🙂

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this, unfortunately it sounds like you now have two unlimited accounts so you will be billed for both until the team can merge them for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter!

Thanks for the info. I'll get in touch with the support team - hopefully they can merge my accouts and a double billing can be avoided. 

Any idea as to what might have happened by the way? It was completely out of the blue... 

Normally when this happens it is because your Facebook has become disconnected from your Spotify account for some reason. It can happen if you change your Facebook password or remove the Spotify app from Facebook, or randomly it seems if Spotify can't communicate with Facebook. When it does happen, if you log back in using Facebook (not your Spotify username - if you have one) the system normally creates a new account since it doesn't "know" you have another account already since its not connected. 

Peter

Ok, I see. That's probably it, as I changed my Facebook password minutes earlier. Still don't see why that should affect Spotify, as I didn't intend to change any of the settings, but it's something I'll keep in mind in the future. Thanks again!

What can i do?? I have an account, but my playlists are not showing up- i think i have a dup account, but if i do i don't remember my original account information

I used facebook previously to log in to spotify. I removed all my apps from facebook couple months ago. Just now spotify requested that I log out and log back in for some sort of reason. When I did, spotify just signed me up to a new account where I can't access any of my playlists that had before. Please help.

i accidentally disconnect my fb account...when i tried to relog, all my playlist are gone....pls help

Hey @user-removed @Vismantas @geolaroche ,

If you are seemingly logging into an account which is blank, then you do indeed have a duplicate account in the Spotify system. This is an unfortunate by product of the Spotify-Facebook integration at times. If you created your Spotify account using your email address, and not via Facebook then all you should need to do is log out and back in again using your unique Spotify username and your Spotify password - not your email address. 

If that doesn't work for any reason, or you can't remember the details, or your account was in fact created via Facebook you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand to track down your original account. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

Hi Meredith: It seems I have a duplicate account of some sort. I upgraded to Premium about a year ago through spotify details (I think) using <snip>@gmail.com. The other day I had trouble logging in, and it looks like my account was reverted back to Spotify free. Now I am not sure which account is my premium account. I made a payment in February so I am pretty frustrated that I havent been able to use it for a week. Please help!

Thanks,

Ashley Vellines

@ashleyvellines - Just going to hide that email address to stop you from getting any spam. If you have a Spotify account, all you should need to do is log back in using your original Spotify username which you would have chosen during registration rather than your email address and that should get you back to your account. Alternatively, if you are like me and never delete emails, the email you receive when your subscription was first set up will have your username in it. 

Peter

My wife accidentally connected their spotify account with my facebook account (because it was logged in in the browser). She disconnected but now all my playlists are gone and I seem to have a duplicate account, as I can search myself and see all my playlists and followers yet the username shows as a number (126457923). I can't seem to sign into the other account no matter which way I try. Please help!

Hey @johngarlock ! Welcome to the community 🙂

You will need to get in touch with the Spotify support team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to get you back to your original account. Unfortunately it's not something we can easily fix here on the community, requires some behind the scene magic.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

Hi, I also have the same problem when i log into my spotify using my facebook account its a free trial but i have a premium account the payment event went through 4-14-14? I even have a link to my own profile with all my playlist

https://play.spotify.com/user/1220906570

I don't know how to fix this problem I think its a duplicate account or something.

I would really appreciate it if you helped!!!

Don't panic! As @Peter__ said above, just get in touch using our online form and one of our advisors will be happy to help you with this. If you receive an autoresponse, just send an email directly in reply and someone will be in touch shortly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Spotify Peeps,

I have a premium account that I have believed to be linked to Facebook... but after I changed a setting on Facebook telling Spotify I didn't want it posting what songs I listen to on my facebook I was logged out... when I logged back in it must have created a new account but now my music is gone.. and it's a free account... 

I have my payment receipt but I cannot figure out what my login for that account is and I just wanna listen to my music! Please help!!!

Hi. It sounds like you now have two accounts with the same email address which would cause this issue. If you get in touch with the spotify team here, they'll be able to fix this for you. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it and you will hear back shortly.

@1282257764 wrote:

Spotify Peeps,

I have a premium account that I have believed to be linked to Facebook... but after I changed a setting on Facebook telling Spotify I didn't want it posting what songs I listen to on my facebook I was logged out... when I logged back in it must have created a new account but now my music is gone.. and it's a free account... 

I have my payment receipt but I cannot figure out what my login for that account is and I just wanna listen to my music! Please help!!!

Hi Jamie!

I have the same problem, a duplicate account because I unlinked my facebook and linked it again, can you help me delete the new one please?

I already sent a couple of help submissions using your online form and havent gotten an answer yet...

thanks so much 🙂

@mariel_ag - Just be sure to reply directly to the automated email reply which contains your case number and that will bump your email over to an adviser.

Peter

Hi,

Similar to most other people on this thread - I now seem to have two accounts - one for my paid subscription and an extra one which is connected to Facebook and which I can't remove. Please can you delete the duplicate? The username for it is Adam Macaulay and it's a free one.

Thanks

@adammacaulay 

I suggest you contact support so they can take a look at your account and help.

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts