Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Email verification doesn't work.

Email verification doesn't work.

I changed my email in my account but when I click on the verification link that is emailed to me, it keeps saying it didn't work and to resend the email. I've tried two different browsers on my computer and also on my phone. Same issue every time.
17 Replies

I can't get my URL

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

This is very odd. It's possible that this issue is caused by some trouble on the server side. If possible, try to verify your email address in a few hours or after a day. You can also try using a different internet connection, as that could also cause issues.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @VENZNEV24SLR_1072023,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please describe your issue in a bit more detail and (if possible) send us a screenshot of how things look on your end?

Looking forward to your reply.

MihailYModerator

I have to file an infringement notice and the verification email is not working! Why do we even need to verify our email for a claim to go through? That is absurd. So infringment can go on unchecked and Spotify can claim everything is in place, but fail to send verification emails thus supporting and helping infringers? Does this need to be reported / investigated?

I have the same issue

Same issue for me 

Hi folks,

Since the original post here is quite old, could you describe exactly what email verification is not working for you and on what device this is happening (device model, OS version, browser).

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Same problem here.

You click “confirm your email” and it says “we’re having trouble right now” 

“we are unable to verify your email. If you need more help please reach out to (link to Spotify Support)”

you click support and the only option is “Not receiving verification email”

which is not the problem. The verification emails are being received, but something is failing when we click the link to verify. 

In the app when I click the link I am able to get back to my profile page so you’d assume it verified my email but then it tells me I cant publish an episode until I verify my email. 

i’ll try again in the morning & then I’ll just find a different hosting site. 

I was able to post an episode by using the website not the app. If that helps

I confirmed the email multiple times and got the page that said that this had occurred successfully but when hitting the button to publish it still says that I need to verify my email. 

Same issue. Tried different browsers, I click the link in Gmail, it says "We're having trouble right now

We are unable to verify your email. If you need more help, please reach out to..."

Anyone find a solution? Or should I try a different podcast platform?

Hey folks,

Apologies for the lack of updates on our end.

For anyone still experiencing this, please send us (if you haven't already):

• A detailed description of the issue.
  • The model, OS version and Spotify version of the devices this is happening on.

Once we have this info, we can relay it to our tech team.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator

The same issue. I can't verify my email.

Same issue. Steps to reproduce:
ON https://developer.spotify.com/dashboard
WHEN you are setting up your e-mail for the first time
AND THEN you click on verify
AND THEN you go to your e-mail
AND THEN you open the spotify verification e-mail
AND THEN you click the verify email button
THE RESULT IS a page redirect saying Something went wrong, please try again
AND THEN the e-mail is not verified.

Specs: Firefox for login, e-mail, etc.. Hotmail (outlook) as e-mail provider. Premium (family) Spotify account. Country Brazil. Language English. Usual login via Phone Number and code.
Events POST {"errors":[]}
Other info: "gue1-dealer.spotify.com:443"

Hello, I'm getting an error when opening the verification link from my email. The error message just says "Oops! Something went wrong please try again" as seen in the image attached. I am using an iOS device with the latest Spotify version.

image.png

same thing here. i went to login to my spotify developer account to setup amuse for my twitch stream and it keeps telling me to verify my email but when i click the link in my email i get the same message

Suggested posts