Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Emails in Wrong Language

Emails in Wrong Language

I recently spent some time in Sweden but am currently the usa. Now when I get email updates from Spotify they are in Swedish. How do I fix this?

As an example I recently got an email titled "The River med Son Little finns nu på Spotify!".

12 Replies

Hello!
It looks like you have the wrong country selected. You can change it here.

If you are using Premium, you have to update your payment details to the USA ones.

Have a great day!

The coutry selected is USA

My payment is also from the USA and has never been changed.

When did you get your last email? Are you sure you got it when you were back in the USA?
Thanks!

Today, it was the one I gave as an example. I also got a similar one a few days ago.

I got back 3 months ago

Okay, can you please screenshot the email (if it isn't personal)? 😉

I also occassionally have had swedish ads(top of browse section) in the Windows Spotify Client within a month of getting back, although I haven't noticed that happen recently(I don't usually go to that page, so it might still be happening for all I know).

Here is a screenshot

1dfb7f62b665efc1e3e570ffec9e5169.jpg

Thanks! I've escalated this post to Spotify, they will have a look at it 😉
Have a great day!

I've got the exact same problem,  but it's in finnish and not in swedish 🙂

Today I received a marketing email in French ("Soyez le DJ de vos prochaines soirées."), sent by Spotify France. I have my subscription in Belgium, language preference set to English.

I never moved location, why does Spotify suddenly locate me in France?

Same with me Hans, I also received a French email. 

I have unsubscribed to email notifications in the country I subscribed in (Indonesia) because at times I did not fully understand the translated message. I wish to continue subscribing to all email notifications if it were in English.

Suggested posts