Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Enabling Radio on two devices simultaneously?

Enabling Radio on two devices simultaneously?

Hello,

I understand that I cannot currently use the premium Spotify features on two devices at the same time, and that may take some more time to think about and figure out on your end.

But Radio on the other hand is a non-premium feature, so why can't I listed to Spotify Radio on two devices at the same time (upstairs and downstairs)? It's fairy annoying that I have to log out of my premium account and log in with a non-premium account on my other device only to listen to the radio in both areas of my house. Let alone that I don't have my Radio preferences across the two devices.

Can you please enable Radio to be played on two devices using the same account?

Thanks,

Paul

4 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the Spotify community!

I think this is primarily due to security issues to make sure no one else is using your account.

If you want a feature to do this in a secure way, feel free to submit it to the ideas section of the community!

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Hey! 🙂 

This is down to licensing I'm afraid. 

Spotify is only licensed for personal usage, meaning each account can only have 1 active stream at any given time (since you can't be in two places at once). If it was possible to have 2 streams, then 2 people could use the same account which would be against the licensing terms Spotify have with the record labels. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Understand - but can we at least sync Radio stations between two accounts then?

@paulriedel wrote:

Understand - but can we at least sync Radio stations between two accounts then?

There is no way to do that which I am aware off. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts