Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error: 408

Error: 408

Hi. All of a sudden I got the 408 error message on my spotify and I can't log in with either my log in details or with Facebook. Help!
10 Replies

Hi. That error comes up if you have been using spotify abroad for 14 days or more as explained here.

We'll, I've been traveling New Zealand and Australia for over four months and never had a problem before, and I have the premium account.

This shouldn't happen with premium as you get unlimited use abroad. Are you definitely logged into the correct account? It's far too easy to log in with a username instead of your facebook credentials or the other way around.

What does it show as your username in your account overview and under subscription status?

I've been getting the same error, wrote an email for support but haven't heard back from the Spotify team in weeks ๐Ÿ˜ž I need help to fix this, I haven't even traveled or moved to any other cities !

@AlexaC - Are you using free, unlimited or premium? Could you let us know the 8 digit case number from when you got in touch? Its in the automated email reply.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Peter

I'm using free and my case number is #01224230

Thanks for your reply

My problem has been solved, thank you very much!

Awesome! Enjoy those tunes. ๐Ÿ™‚

Peter

Hi 
I am from and activated my spotify account in Australia, because of attempted fraud my credit card used for the premium acc was cancelled and i needed a new one, so my spotify account stopped as a result. I would like to change my payment details to re activate the premium acc but as i reside in Canada now i don't seem to be able to do this because of my ip address i assume. Can i use spotify here with a premium account if i'm able to activate it with a new card? When i try to change payment options i can only get to a page requesting my email address to keep me informed when spotify launches in canada.

@jay05 - Can you not subscribe directly by going to?

https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/change-payment/

Peter

Suggested posts