Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error 802, can't play tracks in desktop application, not even search results in android app

Solved!

Error 802, can't play tracks in desktop application, not even search results in android app

Spotify seems to be somewhat down currently:

Linux desktop application:

• The different panels load very slowly if at all when opening spotify
  • It complains about not being able to activate spotify social
  • It complains about a connection error 802
  • It sometimes goes into offline mode during startup
  • No search results
  • Can only play cached tracks

Android application:

• No search results
  • "What's new" only shows "Loading..." except for the social stuff  at the bottom (which seems to work)
  • Can only play downloaded tracks

As far as I can tell this is not caused by local connectivity issues. Can anybody confirm that this is happening for others as well?

I'm rethinking whether I really want to keep my premium subscription given these stability issues and the fact that it took you weeks to sort out that trivial expired ubuntu repository key issue. Your customer support's incompetence also became obvious when they redirected me to the community for assistance on that ubuntu key matter, which obviously can only be fixed on your side, and blaming it on the linux client being unsupported. This really isn't what I consider caring about customers.

27 Replies

It annoys me somewhat that this problem is marked as "solved". Maybe we should start a new thread? The solution did not help me, im still having this problem

Edit: Ok saw now that there is a new thread over here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/802/m-p/157658/highlight/true#M13971 and it is not marked solved. I couldn't agree more with this person

This error is currently occurring in Sweden and has been so for a while. The system status on Twitter says nothing but the problem is still there.

installing the newest version of spotify doesn't fix the problem for me (mac).

im looking for "Nightcore - Witchcraft" , it has been removed from spotify and u won't believe it: it disappeared on the whole internet! on utube sound as been cutted out in EVERY video! i found a video, uploadet 2 days ago, 13 clicks and already soundless. GEMA what r u doing?!

I get the message:

Failed to load application album

missing dependencies

framework compatible with artist-shared (version 0.0.1) does not exist

After an update spotify works for one day and then I get the same message

Well it is 26-5-2014 and I have 802 over for a visit. Tried all the tips but nothing works. So, what can I do? and Spotify, what the hell is wrong with this error comming up over and over again, I would think you guys would be able to have done something about it now.

It's worth re-installing the client to see if that makes any difference:
http://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Error 802 is normally caused by two situations:
- A corrupt local file cache meaning Spotify can't play the track from your cache (a re-install will rule this out).
- A temporary content error on Spotify's side, it normally means the content is being edited or removed.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm not quite sure if this is a fix. Though it worked for me.

I downloaded the beta installation once it came out with the new layout and such, and from there updated Spotify.

I tried the solution first with downloading the SpotifySetup and have that put ontop of the current installation.

But it still gave me the same 802 error, I then decided to uinstall Spotify, then use the Setup from spotify.com and not the beta one I  downloaded some time ago.

This actually fixed the 802 problem for me. I'm not sure if it will fix it for everyone else but please try and check.

Could be something related to the beta installation?

Not sure, atleast I fixed the problem on my side 🙂

Suggested posts