Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

FRAUDULENT USE OF MY MOBILE PHONE NUMBER TO INITIATE SPOTIFY PREMIUM SERVICE

FRAUDULENT USE OF MY MOBILE PHONE NUMBER TO INITIATE SPOTIFY PREMIUM SERVICE

I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY WISH TO USE SPOTIFY ; I DON'T HAVE IT INSTALLED ON ANY DEVICE; I HAVE NEVER ACCESSED A SPOTIFY APP, NOR HAVE I AGREED TO PAYING FOR, OR USING MY MOBILE PHONE TO USE ANY SPOTIFY PRODUCT; HOWEVER, SPOTIFY HAVE TAKEN £9.99 AND STATE I HAVE AGREED WITH O2 CHARGING ME £9.99 EACH MONTH FOR A PREMIUM SERVICE.  THIS IS A LIE, THIS IS FRAUDULENT!

I AM UNDERSTANDABLY  V E R Y, VERY UNHAPPY!  I WANT MY MONEY BACK AND HAVE NOTHING MORE TO DO WITH SPOTIFY.

AS I DIDN'T SET UP THIS FRAUDULENT AGREEMENT, I HAVEN'T A CLUE WHAT INFORMATION WILL GIVE ME ACCESS TO THE ACCOUNT LINKED TO MY MOBILE PHONE AND SO CANNOT TERMINATE THIS FRAUDULENT ACCOUNT.

I AM HORRIFIED THAT SPOTIFY CAN CREATE AN ENVIRONMENT WHEREBY A FRAUDULENT AGREEMENT CAN BE CREATED WITHOUT RECOURSE TO ME THE CONTRACTEE OF THE PHONE WITH O2.  YOUR SECURITY IS - NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE AND YOU DO NOT APPLY DUE DILIGENCE IN CONDUCTING YOUR BUSINESS.

IT WOULD APPEAR, YOU DO NOT PROVIDE AN OBLIGATORY INTERNAL COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE FOR ME TO USE PRIOR TO CONTACTING ELIZABETH FRANCE'S TEAM AT OTELO OR OFTEL. NOR DOES THERE APPEAR TO BE ANY PROVISION OF AN ACTUAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT SERVICE. NO SURPRISE THEREFORE SPOTIFY ARE UNCONTACTABLE!!

A CHANGE NEEDS TO BE MADE TO MAKE SURE FRAUDULENT ACTIONS CAN'T BE REPLICATED AND I INTEND TO MAKE SURE SOMETHING HAPPENS QUICKLY.

I STRONGLY SUGGEST SOMEONE MAKES CONTACT WITH ASAP.

2 Replies

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Mat.. What,rock star, what... Really. Told to contact customer support....What freak'n support? I can't actually talk to customer support because there isn't anyone to **bleep** talk to!!!!!! Why should I pay for a service that can't find a third of my tracks that I have liked, or wanted to keep to a play list? So that's one third of my bill I don't have to pay, right? And when I get told I have reached my maximum downloads and I have to delete some of my tracks, so out of 5000 tracks, Spotify want me to delete, say, yet another third of my music....Now let's see.... One third plus another third equals.... Er, oh that's right, two thirds. So I'm only going to pay £3.3333333333333333333 for my music. Are my maths correct? Oh please, somebody give me a real, live, human voice to complain to.... Please??????

Suggested posts