Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook account not working correctly, would like to disconnect from facebook, start over.

Facebook account not working correctly, would like to disconnect from facebook, start over.

I am trying to use spotify for the first time. Apparently, years ago I signed up with facebook and it says that my email address is associated with a facebook account. When I try to recover my password, it tells me I cannot because I logged in with my facebook account. I would like to completely start over, or remove any facebook access and just use spotify as a username/password account. I have no playlists or data whatsoever that I care about, I just would like all of my accounts reset so I can use spotify without facebook. 

I tried to follow the instructions on this Reddit post to disconnect facebook from my account but I cannot 'set a device password' as I get the error

We're sorry, your email address was not available, please try to log out, log back in and try again. If the problem continues, please contact support.

1 Reply

Hi, welcome to the community!

When you create a Spotify account using Facebook then it's forever tied to that Facebook account.

If you want a dedicated Spotify login, you need to make a new account (non-Facebook) using the "Create an account using my email address" link on the registration page.

You can then get in touch with customer services using the online contact form for further inquiries.

I hope it helps.

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts