Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook email syncing and country settings!

Facebook email syncing and country settings!

Hi guys, need a little help here....

1) I first signed up with Spotify with my Facebook account. Thereafter, for some reason, two of my email addresses are synced to that particular Facebook account. My hotmail is my Facebook login email address, but I don't even know how my Gmail got associated with my Spotify-Facebook account as well. I don't use my Gmail for Facebook. However, when I try to use the "Forgot your password?" feature on Spotify, Spotify informs me that my Gmail is associated with my Facebook account. 

I created a new Spotify account, and subscribed for premium with a bogus email address because I couldn't manage to set it to my preferred Gmail account at the point of sign up. Therefore, I'm now seeking help to link my new Spotify account with my Gmail email address....

2) The best I could do was to sync my Facebook account to my new Spotify account. However, I'm still unable to change the email address of my new Spotify account to my Gmail/Hotmail addresses. In other words, I can access my Spotify Premium account using three different email addresses and two passwords. This is weird. 

3) It seems as though, with a new Spotify account, I wouldn't need to sync with Facebook at all. However, I would want to use my Gmail/Hotmail with my Spotify account as I don't have that many emails to go around, and therefore I'm willing to have Facebook linked to my Spotify account just so I can set my Gmail/Hotmail as the main email address associated to my Spotify account.

4) When I first synced my Facebook account to my new Spotify account, all of my playlists (just two actually) disappeared. Is there any way to get them back on my new Spotify account? That would save me the trouble of searching for the songs again....

So... a little help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all so much 🙂

1 Reply

Hi, and welcome to the community!

I suggest you submit an online contact form; and someone over at Spotify should be able to fix the email issue for you. They may also be able to move the playlists for you as well.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Suggested posts