Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Plan: Two listeners at once?

Solved!

Family Plan: Two listeners at once?

I'm wanting to upgrade to the family plan, but my wife and I don't want to have two separate accounts. She likes to listen to my playlists. 

I'd like to listen to music at work while she listens at home, on the same account.

Does the family plan make this possible, or is it still one listener per account?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jagiddens

With the family plan, everyone on the plan will need their own account.

The easiest way to listen to the same playlists would be for one account to make the playlist, and then have the other account follow the playlist so that it shows up in their playlist sidebar.

You can right click on your playlists in the sidebar and select "Make Public". Playlists that you have made public will show up on your profile so others can see the playlists. Then you can have friends/family go to your Spotify profile and follow you. They should be able to search for your username or name in Spotify search and you should show up under the profiles section. If not, you can go to your profile, and under your name there should be a circle "..." button. Click that and select copy profile link. You can then send that link to people so they can go directly to your profile.

Or, without making the playlist public so it shows on your profile, you can also just right click on your playlist and select "Copy Playlist Link" and then send that link to them. Then they can use the link to open the playlist in the Spotify app.

There is also a way to make a playlist collaborative in the right click menu so that multiple people can edit the playlist.

You can also click on the circle "..." button inside of a playlist, song, album to copy the link to it to then share with people.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

"With Spotify Family you can invite up to four family members and share one billing account whilst keeping your listening history, recommendations and playlists completely separate."

So I guess you will just have to share playlists with each other but have different usernames.

So I would have to manually keep both accounts the same? As in, move a playlist or share it every time I created one? Seems odd. 

Marked as solution

Hey @jagiddens

With the family plan, everyone on the plan will need their own account.

The easiest way to listen to the same playlists would be for one account to make the playlist, and then have the other account follow the playlist so that it shows up in their playlist sidebar.

You can right click on your playlists in the sidebar and select "Make Public". Playlists that you have made public will show up on your profile so others can see the playlists. Then you can have friends/family go to your Spotify profile and follow you. They should be able to search for your username or name in Spotify search and you should show up under the profiles section. If not, you can go to your profile, and under your name there should be a circle "..." button. Click that and select copy profile link. You can then send that link to people so they can go directly to your profile.

Or, without making the playlist public so it shows on your profile, you can also just right click on your playlist and select "Copy Playlist Link" and then send that link to them. Then they can use the link to open the playlist in the Spotify app.

There is also a way to make a playlist collaborative in the right click menu so that multiple people can edit the playlist.

You can also click on the circle "..." button inside of a playlist, song, album to copy the link to it to then share with people.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts