Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Free trial 30 days - visa declined

Free trial 30 days - visa declined

I am trying to sign up for the 30 days free trial i was invited to, but its decling my visa yet nothing actually is getting charged

7 Replies

It's possible there could be an issue with your card or account. Spotify will not charge, but does need a valid account that is in good standing. Have you confirmed that the security code, expiration date, account number, and billing address are all correct? 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I am having the same problem. My card is being declined because there is a zero dollar amount for the 30 day trial. Did you get a resolution?

@CrazySwtBtch wrote:

I am trying to sign up for the 30 days free trial i was invited to, but its decling my visa yet nothing actually is getting charged

they're blaming it on the credit card...i see how the customer service is going to be

@CrazySwtBtch wrote:

they're blaming it on the credit card...i see how the customer service is going to be

Hi there..."they" aren't blaming it on the card. What I'm asking is whether or not you double-checked the credentials before saying that you couldn't sign up...that's all. 

We're here to help...keep that in mind. If you don't want our help, you're always welcome to send a message directly to Spotify Support.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

FYI: I was able to sign up for the free 30 day Premium trial last night using Paypal. If you guys are having issues with Visa sign-ups you could  try Paypal. 

Having the same problem. I have checked with my bank, they see the charge coming in and are accepting it each time. Spotify is spitting it back in their face.

Here is a work around, its really stupid. I just wanted to start using spotify on my phone so i did it. Ill complain to them later about it...

If you want to get premium now... do this, I just figured it out. At the top of the Spotify.com home page click on your name (if you already have a profile), then click on account, go to Subscription and choose to sign up for Spotify Unlimited instead of Premium. It costs 4.99 a month, but enter your credit card for that, it finally DIDNT decline the payment. Then after that just go back to the top and press upgrade. it already has your card info and wont give you any problems. 

what I have learned from this is Someone at Spotify is an idiot and has no idea how to do a promotional deal.

best of luck to you. 

Suggested posts