Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

HELP - Disconnect Facebook!

HELP - Disconnect Facebook!

This has been agonizingly painful. I couldn't find a support email or number for spotify, so FINALLY i guess I can ask this question to SOMEONE(?) who can help?

• I want to deactivate my facebook account
  • I can't do that if I want to continue to login to spotify
  • I have a premium spotify subscription

Please help. Side note - @spotify, figure out how to unhinge from FB. I predict a mass exodus of your target audience overy the next few years.

9 Replies

Welcome to the Community razrlite! does it have a username number of some sort under this page https://www.spotify.com/us/account/overview/

THx MBJ - yes there is a number.

If you could contact our team here, we'll be able to get it sorted. 

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Eureka - Spotify Customer Service exists! Seems like the answer to this topic should be publicly posted, but maybe the issue is more complex than face value. Sit tight...

@razrlite wrote:

Eureka - Spotify Customer Service exists! Seems like the answer to this topic should be publicly posted, but maybe the issue is more complex than face value. Sit tight...

Spotify accounts created via Facebook can't be unlinked from Facebook due to some Spotify system design issues, mainly the inability to change usernames (since playlists are mapped to those usernames). 

With that in mind, the only solution is to make a new non-Facebook Spotify account and move everything from one account to the other, which the Spotify team can do for you. There is a DIY guide too here but its a bit of a pain if you have a subscription!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Ouch! This creates all sorts of weird problems. 1) I can't use my email address to sign up for the new account and 2) I have to create a new and diferent forums username?

Ok - so I set up a new account with a new email address I don't use:[Snip-Email(Privacy)-Peter] with username: razrlite.

Can you transfer everything from this account to that one? I want my premium subscription to end on my old account and not be transferred to new.

All doable?

Yes should be! Just drop the Spotify team an email using this form and they should be able to do that for you. 

Once you submit a form, if you post your case number here I can escalate it for you too. 

Just going to hide that email address from the public, spam and all 😛 

Peter

Peter

Thanks Peter - here you go!

Escalated that case to the community team to chase up for you so keep an eye on your inbox!

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts