Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Haven't received Password-reset mail

Haven't received Password-reset mail

Hello. I have a problem which is that I cannot remember the password to my account, and if that wasn't enough, I am not able to receive the email where I can reset the password. I have also sent a contact form, which I did get an automated reply from, but never any answer. This is now a week ago. Please help.

8 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Be sure to check your spam/junk folders for replies since sometimes they get caught up in those. 

If not, do you have a case number which I can pass over to the community staff for you? It will be in the automated email reply. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello, and thanks.

The number is: # 00583498

Okay, I have escalated this to the attention of the community staff for you. 

Peter

Peter

You can reply to that first automated email you got and someone will get back to you

Community Ergo Sum

Hi I forgot my password to spotify after changing it yesterday (I had a new card and was updating it, and then had to contact my bank as they flagged up me putting my card details into spotify saying it was a "suspicious transaction", but it was eventually allowed after I explained to them I had indeed made it), and when I tried to change it using the same method today (getting a link sent to my email to reset my password ) I was sent to a page with two pieces of text saying " "Seems this took a while"" and ""You have been logged out for security reasons, please click the reset link in the email you recieved again to continue" whilst refusing to let me to acutually change it.

I filled out a support form on the spotify website and Got an email back from guy called  "Mark" at support@spotify.com who asked for my date of birth and the last 4 digits of my card which if it was proven it was me I would be sent a link to reset my password and hopefully reset my account. This was more than three hours ago, and I still haven't recieved a reply. 

This has been hugely stressful for me, as I suffer from anxiety issues and I've had to put my day on hold waiting for a solution whilst expressing my dismay about this on social networking sites. I love using Spotify, and I am perfectly happy to pay for it each month, but If I cannot acutually access it, then I might be forced to cancel it. I also think as brilliant as your musical service is, as a company your customer service side of things is dire compared to other big companies I have dealt with and would be much improved by having a contact phone number as otherwise these things seem to drag on forever without being resolved with paying customers being left without the service they paid for,

case number Case #: 00596075

Thismeanswar - we last sent you an email on this on 2 March 2013 at 10:13. Did you not receive this?

In any case, password resets via the website are up and running again. Head over to www.spotify.com/password-reset to give it a go.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I'm trying to change my password via spotify website but when confirming new password change is refused saying that there is already an account registered with my email address. I don't understand. I've tried to change password through "forgot my password" option but still haven't received email. What is going on here? Is this anything you can help? Thanks

@mfka wrote:

I'm trying to change my password via spotify website but when confirming new password change is refused saying that there is already an account registered with my email address. I don't understand. I've tried to change password through "forgot my password" option but still haven't received email. What is going on here? Is this anything you can help? Thanks

Left a reply to your other post here 😉 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts