Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help! Trojan in Spotify Installer.exe downloaded from Spotify website!!

Solved!

Help! Trojan in Spotify Installer.exe downloaded from Spotify website!!

I payed to have an unlimited account and downloaded the Spotify Installer.exe from the Spotify website to update the program (it seemed to indicate it), and what do I get? A virus!! What the hell is this??

Theoretically my antivirus blocked after detectinc it as a trojan it but now Spotify does not launch anymore. So I double checked at https://www.virustotal.com/, and it detected two trojans in that file: TrojanDownloader.Generic.adyr and TROJ_GEN.F47V0829

What kind of service is it?? Are you now selling virus instead of music?? Please help me clean this mess!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It's false positive.

Contact to your anti virus company and ask what's this.

Best antivirus programs in market like Avast and MSE detect Spotify as safe - and this is safe. And best of all, both are free!

spotify no trojan.png

Can't find any virus...

See this, only 2 of 42 antivirus programs detects it as virus. It's false positive (wrong alarm to you as virus).

SHA256: 353ad6486baf4ac65e91adaf23145451e6cef8fb9a238eb2aff265adefe7b6e7
File name: Spotify Installer.exe
Detection ratio: 2 / 42
Analysis date: 2012-08-31 21:22:22 UTC ( 54 minutes ago )

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Solution: remove your Spotify, remove your AV program.

Install Spotify and change your poor AV to high quality MSE http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials

Marked as solution

Your AV is deleted file as virus. However Spotify may need this file to work.

Just re-install Spotify.

www.spotify.com/download

5 Replies

And where is the official technical support? They say contat us through the contact form, but it is impossible to find that contact form. If you offer a service you must offer support to ensure quality of the service. Please help me solve this mess about the trojan, I want my PC save, and I payed to have music and Spotify does not launch...

Marked as solution

It's false positive.

Contact to your anti virus company and ask what's this.

Best antivirus programs in market like Avast and MSE detect Spotify as safe - and this is safe. And best of all, both are free!

spotify no trojan.png

Can't find any virus...

See this, only 2 of 42 antivirus programs detects it as virus. It's false positive (wrong alarm to you as virus).

SHA256: 353ad6486baf4ac65e91adaf23145451e6cef8fb9a238eb2aff265adefe7b6e7
File name: Spotify Installer.exe
Detection ratio: 2 / 42
Analysis date: 2012-08-31 21:22:22 UTC ( 54 minutes ago )
Marked as solution

Solution: remove your Spotify, remove your AV program.

Install Spotify and change your poor AV to high quality MSE http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials

Thank you, but if it was not a virus, why does Spotify work anymore? There must be a link, right?

Marked as solution

Your AV is deleted file as virus. However Spotify may need this file to work.

Just re-install Spotify.

www.spotify.com/download

Suggested posts