Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can i change my my spotify username?

Solved!

How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for.

I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises etc.. So I found a place where I could make a username to my spotify.. My problem is that I never got the change to make my own username, it was already a username there.. It is many numbers and really hard to remember...

It is a way to change that? I had never been there before so I think its weird that it was made by itself(since other people I know could make their own..)

Thanks for answers(sorry, I know it is some incorrect grammar)

119 Replies

LOL, Spotify support offered to delete my Facebook account and migrate to a new user... Anyways, the solution that worked for me is to ignore the (Moderators Only) part of this page and change it yourself: https://community.spotify.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile

hello i disconnect from facebook but it won t work and my real name is still on it with my profile picture

i also disconnect spotify from facebook... 

can someone tell me how to do it ? 

thanks 

@Scaterbrain

If you already unlinked Facebook from within the app (Preferences > Disconnect from Facebook), give it a little while to update.

In a day or two, your name will eventually revert back to your Spotify username.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've waited over 2 weeks now after deleting my facebook connection. It's still not fixed. 

My facebook real name and picture is:

- on my online profile page

- on my app profile, and any where username shows up

My original username (the one I want)

- is used when logged into settings through a web browser

- my profile URL

Not acceptable of course. How do I force this change to happen?

Clearly not changing after a day or 2.

Hey @aftertherevolt,

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star

thanks. Got tired of looking for the contact form and kept getting directed here 😉

That's your community profile, not your Spotify account.

Are you afraid that your mom will see your history full of gangstar rap?

Very funny.

where can i get  a contact form request

My son signed up with his full name and now doesn't want his full name showing up on playlists, which is understandable. There really needs to be a way to change username. What year is it?

This doesn't seem to really change it though? I cannot log into the account with the username I "changed" into, I still need to use the old one.

How long before it reflected on your account? It does on this page but not when I access my account from other pages/locations.

That will only change your username for the Spotify Community, it won't affect your main account you use to log in.

I can't believe there's still no way to do this and the solution provided is to delete the account and create a new one.

No way to change preference if you used fb as you log in details...

If I already have a premium account, would I have to cancel the membership to create a new account to have my username changed? 

Hey @thebjq,

No, create your new account with a different email address from the one you use for Facebook, and choose your new Spotify username of your choice.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges, library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Yes that's the only solution and it really works. It may be a little inconvenient but it works. I thought that it would be difficult but it's easy. After 2 emails to Spotify Support, I'm enjoying my Spotify like nothing happened. Just follow these, instead of complaining. You know what I mean... 🙂

1. Create a new account using a different email address and the username you want to use.
2. Email their Support Team (support@spotify.com) with the information on the old and new account like your email address and Facebook name.
3. You'll receive a reply email that will ask you information about the old account to verify it for security of the account.
4. Supply the information asked by replying on the email.
5. Wait for the confirmation of the transfer.
6. Once confirmation is received, check your Spotify and tada!!!

They also give you free time for you Premium subscription on the old account so that you can use it on thd new account.

Hope this helps.

You do realize the OP wanted to change his Spotify username? Not his Spotify community username, right? There's a big difference. 

Yes, I know that OP want to change username on Sportify, NOT on Spotify Community.

I tried the link. It says it got changed but it's still the old one up on my profile in the app

Suggested posts